trailrunner

Copper rivets with smooth head

I'm wondering if anyone has found a source for #9 copper rivets where the flat head of the rivet is nicely finished and smooth.  All the ones I've gotten have an uneven textured finish on the head from the manufacturing process.

I saw a picture online of a box of vintage copper rivets from I think the 50's, and the heads were completely smooth and beautiful.  Does anybody still make solid copper rivets of this quality?

Thanks in advance

I've noticed that also, and it detracts from the look of the finished product.  I don't know just when it happened, but it hasn't been terribly long ago that the rivet heads were smooth. The boxes they used to come in were labeled Clendenin Bros. The boxes they come in now are not. I don't believe there is a manufacturer's name on them at all, which leads me to believe they are manufactured in China, like most of the other hardware and findings on the market.  I searched for Clendenin Bros. and they are still in business and still manufacturing nails and rivets, but there are no pictures and there isn't a lot of information on their website. They are based in Baltimore, Maryland. Might be worth a call.

Thanks for the reply, I'll check out that company.