I just finished this bag for a feller who contacted me on Facebook. He is from Texas and wanted a big ole Texas star on it. I think he'll be pleased. The body of the bag is bison leather and the trim and fringe are deer. The black bumpy looking leather is caiman and the stars are out of ostrich leg skin. I found some bleached legs skins I was able to dye myself to get a good match to the trim. I carved the fasteners out of deer antler and sewed it all up by hand using artificial sinew. There is one pocket on the front of the bag and two pockets on the inside besides the main pouch.

Darren

KarlsBagSmall-1_zps4pzgrhzw.jpgKarlsBagSmall-4_zps32hafdvk.jpgKarlsBagSmall-2_zpszzbclf7j.jpgKarlsBagSmall-5_zpsxytalahn.jpgKarlsBagSmall-6_zpsutb9pgoa.jpgKarlsBagSmall-3_zpspopzwihw.jpg

I Love it. God bless the Great Republic.

very nice work.

Your work is beautiful! I have admired each piece you have shared.

Perhaps the next time you start a project you will share with us your method of sewing the parts together.

It looks very simple, and primitive from a distance, but I'm willing to bet it isn't.

I would love to see how you do it.

thanks

Joel

Thanks all! 

Joel, I have some arrows to build for my caribou hunt this summer and then I am starting on another shooting bag. I will try to remember to document the process so I can share it with you.

Darren

That is incredible! Well done!