Zacharyc

Treadle rod

I did a search first for this. Didn't see exactly what I was looking for. Just bought a consew 226. Did not come with the rod that attaches the pedal to the motor? I bought what I thought I needed. But I cannot figure out how to get this thing installed? Maybe I am missing pieces? I thought this would be a simple thing... also having some issues finding the correct size for my belt. any help would be appreciated! 

- Zach

IMG_3854.JPG

IMG_3855.JPG

IMG_3856.JPG

IMG_3857.JPG

The old belt length doesn't help me because I got a new motor that sits higher. So I measured the distance between the hand wheel and the pulley three times and got 38 inches. Ordered a 38 v belt and it's a little off. 

IMG_3859.JPG

The pedal is missing an L shaped bracket that mounts using the two bolts on the edge at the rear of the pedal.

The motor should be adjustable to let you fit different sized belts.Try the long bolt above the treadle rod arm.

Edited by keithski122
Extra wording

You have to measure the bottom of the groove on the pulleys,then the top of the pulleys & go in between both measurements.

Hey Zach i found the top of the belt rides on the pulley outside, so easy method is wrap some painters tape around pulleys tape together, mark and then cut. Measureing this is i think spot on, in your hardware stores the appliance v-belts are typically a "B" series and what you need they come in 1 inch measurements. 

That treadle is a nice one with good end bearing mounts! Any way it looks to be missing a small bracket mounted accross the toe side, left to right.  You may need to find or make a 12"flat steel piece replacement with the end having a say a one or two inch long 90 degree turn with a hole drilled to accomadate your purchased linkage. These many times are adjustable on them screws as different motors and the likes. 

Good day

Floyd

Ahhhh!! I was digging around in the basement, looking at the old clutch motor I took off. Found a metal piece the same color as the metal on the base of my table. It's the bracket. Bingo works now. I sat here for 20 mins trying to get that thing bolted on without the bracket....Also tried the adjustment bolt keithski suggested. It is sooooooo close but no cigar. Ordered a 39 and 40 just to make sure. I hate looking at this thing and not being able to use it. I'm excited to learn more/aware I am about to get more headaches. Thank you all so much for the help!! 

- Zach

31 minutes ago, brmax said:

>>Measureing this is i think spot on, in your hardware stores the appliance v-belts are typically a "B" series and what you need they come in 1 inch measurements. <,

Most industrial sewing machines use a "3L" belt, which come in half-inch increments. Example: A 32"  belt will be a 3L-320, a 32-1/2" would be a 3L-325.

-DC