All I know so far about this saddle is that is a Bona Allen Roping Saddle. But other then that I'm at a loss. I looked everywhere for a serial number and this is the numbers I found, "01 0339 3 728005". If anyone could help me out in anyway with figuring out information about the saddle that would be a blessing. 

Sorry for only having one picture, it would not allow me to upload any more. I'll try to post more pictures in the comments.

1490386258317-1833111906.jpg

Edited by Kellyjg

All I know so far about this saddle is that is a Bona Allen Roping Saddle. But other then that I'm at a loss. I looked everywhere for a serial number and this is the numbers I found, "01 0339 3 728005". If anyone could help me out in anyway with figuring out information about the saddle that would be a blessing. 

Sorry for only having one picture, it would not allow me to upload any more. I'll try to post more pictures in the comments.

1490386712616614765383.jpg

Just based on the style of your saddle, I'm guessing it to be an early '70's model.  Around here, you'd be hard pressed to get more than a couple hundred bucks for it.  It's a style that once it went out of style, you couldn't hardly give them away.  I have a very similar BA saddle that someone donated last fall. It needs a little repair, and I'm not even sure if I could get the cost of repair out of it.  Horseback riding today has become very specialized and people want saddles that are specific to their chosen discipline.  This type of saddle doesn't fit any of our modern-day disciplines.  Someone might buy it for an extra saddle to have around when their city cousins come to visit and ride, but it's not going to be a high dollar saddle, even if in good using condition.  That's just my opinion, based on what I see around my part of the country. Best of luck to you.

that looks like an equitation saddle to me.  designed to keep you sitting deep in the seat and not be able to move fwd at all.  used for western equitation classes at horse shows. i dont show so not even sure they still have that class anymore. 

I don't know anything about saddles.

But to me, it looks like it would be uncomfortable for my nuts! Unless you rode in a reclined posture.

Could it be a female saddle?

Edited by WoodysWorkshop

I am in possession of a Bona Allen Saddle also. Mine is quite unique, as it is an endurance saddle. I am also trying to figure out how to price its worth. Anyone have any new suggestions? I am aware of the history, but see most western saddles, even vintage don't resell for much.

Bona Allen 1.jpg