Sanch

Suggestions for photo resizing app???

So I'm having a lot of difficulty posting any of my photos to The Forum. I'm using my Samsung Galaxy S6 to take the photos and I have a lot of them that I have taken on my journey in leather working I would like to be able to resize them and post new photos but I need suggestions for an app that is actually worth downloading. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Please keep in mind that I am using an Android device.

I use photo resizer from the play store. My pictures are fuzzy in my posts but that was due to using a cheap LG phone. Got a new phone today, so we will see.

Photoshop Express will give you good editing and enhancing/correcting capabilities.

Ive had iranview for several years now and it seems to work pretty good. Has alot of options available. You can set your save as size and type (jpeg for example) so when you save the edited photo automatically gets reduced in size say for forums and what not.

irfanview. 

Hey thanks for the replies guys I really appreciate it maybe I can post some of my stuff soon!

MSpaint works, thing I like about irfanview besides that it is free, is that you can save the save as profile by size of file or pixel width/height so if your forum limits you to pics of say 500kb you can save all of them with a max size of 500kb regardless of original size file. The photo editing options are nice if you know how to use them, I sometimes use the auto features for both sharpening and image colors but not always. 

Oh yeah I'm in business!

20170129_152203_resized_0.jpg

Nice! Sanch is a high-tech guru!

Oh, and nice holster, too. Great job on the logo.

I just text my pics to messenger and save them and they are small enough to post.lol

Any (computer, tablet or phone) photo editor that has the ability to reduce the dimensions equally can reduce the file size. It does this by making the image smaller in length and width. The file size reduction is directly related to the percentage of reduction of the dimensions.

Better photo/image editors are able to change the quality of the image, as well as the dimensions. This can reduce the file size by magnitudes if properly used. I use Corel Paint Shop Pro to edit and reduce photos and drawings. PSP is a Windows computer program that competes directly with Photoshop. All of the features are listed here.

My Galaxy S5 smartphone shoots photos that start out at 3264 x 1836 pixels (6mb) and goes up from there. By running my photos through PSP, I can reduce the dimensions to 250 x 300 pixels, the size of a typical rectangular Google AdSense ad. By combining cropping and size reduction with a virtually unnoticeable quality reduction of 25%, I can get a poster size 3 to 6 mb photo down to 20 kb to 50 kb (jpg). When it comes to artwork, clipart, vectors and lettering, I can optimize and reduce these graphic files to as low as 12 to 15 kb, saving them as gifs or pngs.

If you are taking your photos off your phone to your computer, then you can also use the free app called GIMP it's a free open source photoshop like DTP/photo app tool.

Test. Working on resizing pics for this website.

210426515_70percemtSideWC12-14ounceChestnutSkirting26sf7OCT2020.thumb.jpg.ea647884ef0739fa0c3d1807c1b038ab.jpg

I don't think they have an Android app, but there is a free PC software program called FastStone Photo Resizer. It let's you batch resize one or multiple photos, as well as change the image file format (if I recall correctly). I used to use it a lot on my Windows XP computer, but obviouly that was a long time ago. Could be worth checking to see if it's still around for newer versions of Windows, because it makes resizing images a breeze.