aoetken

An idea for a dog collar

Just an idea for those of you who are looking for a dog collar that is kind to your pet and his coat but works very much like a choker if needed for control.  The rolled leather is covering a short length of nylon cord and does not mat the fur of a long-haired dog like a Pomeranian or Husky--I made this one for our mini golden doodle.  It allows me to let him run without the collar in the house and then wear it when he goes outside.  I have also used the same concept to make a  traditional collar with a buckle and tag loop for our pomapoo and our neighbor's pit bull.  If sized correctly, it can then be removed using the buckle and then re-buckled and slipped over the dog's head to put it on.  I realize that this collar is not a leatherworking masterpiece, but I am sure that some of you can improve on the concept and make some beautiful projects.

58d6b232aa210_IMG_3825(Small).JPG.58dbe7a5f815bd5dd614be1dead4ebf5.JPG58d6b259ac3a2_IMG_3826(Small).JPG.75609f4627fd1375cf0e952d2ef7f496.JPG

Looks very nice and I think it is a good design. I might have to give something like that a try for my German Shepherds.

That's a cool design. Outside the box meets traditional, good job.