Chayse

Threading Help for Chandler 305-64

I figured I would start a new 'thread'...no pun intended! I am in need of some assistance with threading my machine. I do have the manual, although a bit confused. The manual covers the 104 and 105 series but what is confusing, the 104 looks to be a 2-needle machine. 

Do I follow the threading procedures for a 2-needle machine even though mine is only using one?

Does it thread like the 205-64, looks as if they are roughly the same, although the 205 has a walking foot?

I will revisit the manual and study it a bit harder...right now the coffee hasn't kicked in and am just a bit confused about it. 

Thanks in advance!

V/r,

Chayse

Most machines of this type are threaded the same way - hope this helps

Important is.  COMPLETELY AROUND THE TENSION WHEEL

Thread1.thumb.jpg.102044063fd5e4dcbe0e81fcb8ca863f.jpgThread2.thumb.jpg.e0c2f4db930d4da7d93bd481a328deeb.jpg

Edited by Constabulary

Maybe this manual of a 441 type machine is more helpful for your cylinder arm machine - see attached PDF

inst-441.pdf

Edited by Constabulary

Thanks Constabulary! I just dug through the manual, a 5 language version that was available on the Durkhoff Blog... I 'think' I may have figured it out..what was confusing me was the dual tension assembly on the machine....I am just using one set of the discs, instead of both...

You were pretty spot on in your post above, however, I did read that the thread should wrap twice around the thread tensioner....

I wish I could copy and paste and apologize if this is confusing....but all I have is just a scanned copy. I will attach to see if they are able to be opened..

Threading.oxps

cannot open the file...

Twice around is not correct - being precise its 1 + 1/2 time as it comes from the top and goes to the top - but thats a bit of quibbling ;)

Agree - the manual that is avail. on the Duerkopp page is a pain ITA

Edited by Constabulary

That sounds about right...I watched the video Uwe posted on threading the Adler 205-370...I 'believe' they may be similar. And yes, it would be 1.5 times around. I love his videos....mesmerizing to say the least!

8 hours ago, Constabulary said:

Maybe this manual of a 441 type machine is more helpful for your cylinder arm machine - see attached PDF

inst-441.pdf

Nice clean instructions compared to some others. Thanks for posting Constabulary.

Hi Chayse!

I see you have a Chandler 305-64...  I'm been looking for information about this model since I'm thinking about purchasing one.  If you don't mind, I have a few questions for you and anyone else who might have this or at least is familiar with it.

1. How do you like it?  Does it work well for you?

2. What needle and thread range do you feel this model is capable of?

3. What range of leather thicknesses do you think this machine will handle?

Thanks a bunch!

Bruce

The Chandler 305-64 is a clone copy of an Adler 105-64.  Chandler had these made in Japan after they lost the Adler distributing rights for AMERICA .  Should thread the same as ther Adler

glenn