I'm looking for a pattern for a long wallet that will hold around 20 credit cards and a wad of cash. If anyone has a suggestion they have tried I would appreciate it. I tried building one with a center leaf to hold the cards but it got way too bulky if you put two or three cards in each slot. Thanks for your help, Garry.

20170313_133456.jpg

Each slot holds 2 cards each. So 16 and a bill slot on each side. I got the pattern from Makesupply. He has an acrylic one and a digital download. It also has a zipper pouch IF want to use that. I have made about 6 different versions using the same pattern. A couple even with a snap closure strap.

received_10203089664317814.jpeg

received_10203089664277813.jpeg

40 minutes ago, Mattsbagger said:

Each slot holds 2 cards each. So 16 and a bill slot on each side. I got the pattern from Makesupply. He has an acrylic one and a digital download. It also has a zipper pouch IF want to use that. I have made about 6 different versions using the same pattern. A couple even with a snap closure strap.

Ya I'm going to try something similar but turn the cards 90 degrees because my customer has a ton of cards. Who uses that many cards anyway??? Well he is paying so he is right. I saw that pattern at Makesupply, was interesting. What kind and weight leather did you make yours from? I'm going to try the pigskin again, seems to hold up well and is very thin. You did a nice job there!

I use 3oz for the inside and 5oz for the body. Probably could get away with 3oz on outside too.

59 minutes ago, Mattsbagger said:

I use .8 Tiger and #3 John James.

I was guessing it was .8. I am having trouble locating the #3 John James. Would this be their glover's needle?  Thanks again for the advice.

Glovers needles have a triangular point, sharp on the edges.  Unless you are very careful, you will cut the first thread when placing the second needle while doing a saddle stitch.  You need harness needles.

Tom

I got the #3 out of UK. The same sizes uses dif numbers depending on the country.