Okay so after some tweaking and adjusting of the width both of my handmade Edge bevelers are a success!

1. During testing process  and before finish . Yes dagnabbit  I split one of the handles  tapping the blade into it ! 20170326_144602_resized_0.jpg.ca60cf4bfc85492d92d35aff490f2988.jpg

2. Close-ups of the business ends.20170326_144621_resized_0.jpg.f22ae5bef5d6d51d826a1d84f12b855b.jpg

3. The handles are maple the ferrules are half inch ID copper tubing. Believe it or not I turned the handles on my drill press.20170326_144640_resized_0.jpg.b38115cb8bc824dbcd2961f8a4274dae.jpg

4. Here they are after three coats of Danish oil and a nice thick slathering of Montana pitch blend, yes that's correct! It has beeswax, Pine pitch and mink oil in it so what better to put on the wood! Plus it's what I had on hand.20170326_150024_resized_0.jpg.c6d8cd06f41f8626d247591114b1a8fd.jpg

They both cut wonderfully and smoothly which is exactly what I wanted I am pleased with them. Plus I know they will hold an edge far longer than the Tandy Leather Factory Edge beveler I have been using! As always comments and questions are welcome!

Edited by Sanch

Those are freakin' sweet. Nice job.

Great job.

Very well done. What did you use for the steel type and procedure.

4 minutes ago, RockyAussie said:

Very well done. What did you use for the steel type and procedure.

The steel that I use is L6. The procedure is cut steel to desired width. Put in Forge bring up to critical temp/ non-magnetic. Put pieces of Steel in vermiculite to anneal them overnight. Drill desired hole size after overnight annealing. Use chainsaw sharpening files to profile correctly. Once profile is obtained put the pieces back in the Forge bring them back up to critical temperature then quench them in proper oil. Then temper the blades at proper temperature for proper time. Then buff polish sharpen and keep doing it till you get them right. Good luck! It's really not that difficult as long as you know your Steel and process.

Thanks for the answer. I hope to give it a try but for now that's a bit too over my head yet.:unsure: