My buddy and I had an idea to make an over-sized swing arm bag (big enough to hold his leather jacket and a few other things). We came up with an idea and then I headed off to the garage to make one. I started with a rough template I made. Late into the project I noticed a piece of the leather damaged that ended up on the flap :( Because of the way the bag expands I need to figure out a better way to secure it to the bike. I tested it the other day and the fit is nice, but the flap still needs some polishing. I would love to hear your thoughts on addressing this issue. 

IMG_0683-COLLAGE.jpg

Looking good. Not clear on what the problem with the flap is. I'm far from an expert but I may be able to help. So go slow( I'm not too bright)  and set the problem out step by step ( See first brackets)  and I may be able to help.

If it's the area on the front of the flap that I am seeing as the damaged part/ I might would make another piece of leather with a design as a patch and sew it over the area. Make it look like a natural design. If I am seeing the problem right to begin with.

The Patch would work. I use patches as a perfect way to do initials for costumers who seem to be a bit... flakey about paying more than a modest deposit. Also a map pocket. Or even a accessory ring. (I put them on all my bags now a days ) it's a ring that you can clip anything to. Not sure how this would work but a chain for a helmet?

looks great man