wendyb

any billiard related patterns around?

I wonder there are so many western floral designs about? they are very pretty,but I am hoping to some billiard related designs. I dont have much drawing ability and would like to find a pattern Icould trace on to the leather I am working with.this could bea new area for some one who can draw. please advise as to any resources where  I might find such a pattern.many thanks wendyb@thegrid.net

Edited by wendyb
typo

are you talking about something for cue cases?  Or what else could you talking about?  A little more info might help get you going in the direction you want to go in.

I am making a leather purse and would like to have a billiard related pattern/carving/ tooling picture on the front rather than the floral pictures that are available. like a rack of balls or an 8ball or something. any resourses for that kind of a pattern?

Being your in Cali you might want to look around for someone that has a digital printer that can print direct to the leather for you.  There has been another conversation about someone doing it with holsters, I would imagine with the all the clothing things that go on in L. A. there might be someone there, but you only mention Cali in your Bio. 

Another thought that came to mind is find someone that has an embroidery business that can do the embroidery for you on to the leather, like a wrack of 9 or the whole wrack.

type into google image search Billiards line drawing. You might be able to use a round seeder to do the balls then colour them.

In the gallery on this forum there is a picture of a cowgirl playing pool, have a look for that.

You can also buy a license for an image from a clip art website.  That way it is all legal and legit if you decide to sell the product that you use it on.

can you just trace any picture to make a tooling pattern? are there certain features take make some pictures more suitable for tooling? I want to find a billiard pattern for tracing on to leather and would like to know what I should look for to have it be a nice tooling pattern.

thank you

essentially, yes any picture. I prefer simple line pictures with bold lines and no, or at least very few, fine lines