1CJK

Presser foot pedal assist (Redesigned)

The presser foot on my sewing machine was extremely difficult to lift using the foot pedal. I would have to standup off my stool to push it down. I designed an attachment that mounts to the bottom of the table that gives the foot pedal a mechanical advantage over the presser foot springs. It attaches with only two screws to the bottom of the table where the chain comes through for the foot pedal. You do not have to cut the chain. After installing the pedal is as easy to push down as the sew pedal. It has made my sewing experience so much enjoyable.

The assist lever is powder coated and comes with instructions, mounting template, all hardware, and free shipping in the US (lower 48 only) 

$30.00

IMG_0476.PNG

IMG_0475.PNG

Brilliant idea!

I have changed the process in which I manufacture these. It has reduced the time to make these in order to offer them at a more reasonable price point. I measured the required pressure need to lift the presser foot on my machine before installing the lever and it required 30lds of pressure. After installation it only required 8lbs. So in my case a 75% reduction in needed pressure. If anyone is interested they can easily be purchased through my eBay listing.

Thanks

http://m.ebay.com/itm/Presser-foot-pedal-assist-for-cylinder-type-and-other-heavy-duty-sewing-machines-/282417259355?hash=item41c161635b%3Ag%3ApM8AAOSwDmBY3xq9&_trkparms=pageci%3A98dcec72-17c9-11e7-b9ea-74dbd180b732%7Cparentrq%3A2fb4c52715b0a350d8edd747fffe4189%7Ciid%3A1

Edited by 1CJK

Great, I will be getting one of these when I actually get a machine.

Both of my feet were broken in 06 and I have very little use of my right ankle.

This will be handy.

41 minutes ago, bikermutt07 said:

Great, I will be getting one of these when I actually get a machine.

Both of my feet were broken in 06 and I have very little use of my right ankle.

This will be handy.

Then you will definitely appreciate this. I didn't even think about people who have had injuries or suffer from medical conditions such as arthritis when I developed it. Thank you for your interest! 

Edited by 1CJK