Hornbag73

looking for celtic,gothic,fantasy,skulls patterns

Hi All, i am wanting to start tooling and was looking for various size tooling patterns. Celtic,gothic,fantasy,mystical,skulls of different sizes. Just looking for things a little different than sheridan and flowers. 

I have found pint rest is a good source for tooling patterns

Great i will have a look thanks.

Google is your friend:)

Thanks it was very helpfull

This may sound crazy but ... Coloring books! I draw so I have a bunch of skull designs and such but I wanted to learn more about patterns and specifically day of the dead material and my wife comes home with a coloring book she got at good will and it was chock full of excellent day of the dead imagery and the best part is it is just outlined since its meant to color in so you dont have to remove a bunch of extraneous material. Its almost like a craftaid but no ridges. The cover has color but all the stuff inside is solid line work. If nothing else it gives you a starting point

http://store.doverpublications.com/by-subject-adult-coloring-books.html

As far as various sizes, I kind of cheat and just use my computer. I was never real great at drawing to a specific size so I draw what I want the way god tells me. Then if I need to resize it because its going on a particular article I scan my build pattern, then scan my drawing and then I can place it at the size and position I want and print out the whole thing. This way I can use it as a cut pattern and the drawing is placed and sized.

Edited by Boriqua

Find some Dover Design Books via Amazon.com. Perhaps some of the line drawings will work for you.