safeasfcuk

Roller die

Even if your across the pond ya might look at ebay ya just never know they might just ship.

On 4/5/2017 at 5:39 AM, safeasfcuk said:

Has anyone used roller pins that have been engraved to create patterns? 

Good idea but the amount of pressure required to emboss leather would make it a workout for certain.  Now if you could find an old machine.... like maybe a pasta roller... it might be possible if you could find one that would allow the thickness of the leather you use.   (I like to think out of the box)

On 07/04/2017 at 3:46 AM, Sylvia said:

Good idea but the amount of pressure required to emboss leather would make it a workout for certain.  Now if you could find an old machine.... like maybe a pasta roller... it might be possible if you could find one that would allow the thickness of the leather you use.   (I like to think out of the box)

Funny you should say that was just looking at pasta machines 

22 hours ago, safeasfcuk said:

Funny you should say that was just looking at pasta machines 

:D  I'm good for weird ideas that work.  Like.... using a "scrap booker, die cutting machine" and steel ruler dies... to cut leather.  But sadly my guy that made the dies quit.... <sigh>
I once considered one of those old ringer washer machines... but finding one with intact ringers... and not all cracked and falling apart would be kind of tough and probably expensive.

Be careful of metals.... remember leather typically has tannens... which react and turn black when it touches metal (steel, iron... think Vinegaroon) So.. maybe replacing the rollers with some sort of plastic ones would be better. 

Hey Safe...

I found this on FB... of course cookie dough is a lot softer than leather but if you could find away to create enough pressure....

CATPIN.jpg