Mayathebee

Where do i get metal plates from? Pic attached

Hello everyone, 

Have anyone used metal plates on their leatherwork? I do see them riveted on belts and bags but have no clue what are they're called professionally, and only advice i got in hardware store is to order a big plate and cut it to my size. I dont have necessary tools to do that, so would be great if you guys could point me the right direction or at least enlighten me what thiss bloody thing is called ;) i attach pic of what type of plates i mean. many thanks in advance xx maya

Screenshot_2017-04-04-11-26-35.png

This won't be the most economical way to go , but at the mall they have these little kiosks that make name plates and the like.

Here is a link I just found.

https://www.nametag.com/name-tags/blank-name-tags.php#metal

or Trophy shops/suppliers

OP is located in London, UK according to the IP address.

For all users that don't list their location, you will get better/ more useful responses for many of your questions if you list your location.  You might even find someone next door, or just down the street from you.

Tom

Thank you so much guys! Now that im thinking it actually makes sense - same type of plate you use for stamping or engraving. Will keep you posted how it turns out :) xx m. 

3 hours ago, Mayathebee said:

Thank you so much guys! Now that im thinking it actually makes sense - same type of plate you use for stamping or engraving. Will keep you posted how it turns out :) xx m. 

Sometimes we just need a different set of eyes looking at the problem from the outside.