JLSleather

That job for that guy

Got a call from a lady, wants some 'envelope type' folder for a young fella to put his sheet music in. Its' for a confirmation, so maybe somebody catholic knows more about that than I do?  

I remembered a guy who did some sttuff a while back with music notes -- I think lasered? ... anyway... she wants basically an envelope to hold 8.5" x 11" music pages..not a lot of sheets, don't need to be "book thick".

4 or 5  times I mentioned a request available -- with no response.  No worries.  I have too many things going on at the moment to be laying out new stuff (though this isn't very "fancy"), so guess I'll just tell her I can't help. :dunno:

I'd be interested in helping out but what's her budget amount? Not going to spend time to only make a dollar after materials are paid for.

She doesn't want to finance it ;)  - she didn't say that, just what I got from talking with her.  But it's a gift for a young boy (14) and she wants it to look nice.  After talking with her a bit, I didn't even tell her what I get for those Coast Guard "charge books" ;)  It was actually ME who suggested the laser, since you take much of the labor out of the equation (seconds instead of hours of tooling).    What she wants:

"Envelope" style folder large enough to hold 8.5" x 11" pages, with a flap on the right side with a tuck-tite clasp.  Sew the sides.  THE BEST Hermann Oak leather, finish, thread, clasp, -- materials cost is $25.  A guy could cut one out, burn a design (or emboss one, whatever), sew about 18" (9" x 2), and be polite to a lady from MN for 10 minutes, in an hour (ish).  $75?  $100? 

There were a couple people around here showing lasered designs, but don't remember who it was.  No matter.. 

Well, I'd might be interested but the kicker is going to be "when does she want it?"  I have access to a laser and a gal that knows how to use it:lol:.  But, I'm booked a long way out, and since confirmation usually happens in the spring, I'm assuming we're talking a short time frame.