johnv474

Al Stohlman brand copper rivet setter set

Can anyone tell me about this set of "Al Stohlman Brand" copper rivet setters?  I know of other Al Stohlman or "AS Brand" tools but can't find a part number or year printed on it.

There are three sets: 8-9 gauge, 10 gauge, and 12-14 gauge.  Each set has a burr/washer setter, the cap domer and the tip domer.

Does anyone know about how recently these were still for sale, or what they sold for?

tmp_2052-IMG_20170324_1659320_edited-1606x1606g724330885.jpeg

12 hours ago, johnv474 said:

Can anyone tell me about this set of "Al Stohlman Brand" copper rivet setters?  I know of other Al Stohlman or "AS Brand" tools but can't find a part number or year printed on it.

There are three sets: 8-9 gauge, 10 gauge, and 12-14 gauge.  Each set has a burr/washer setter, the cap domer and the tip domer.

Does anyone know about how recently these were still for sale, or what they sold for?

tmp_2052-IMG_20170324_1659320_edited-1606x1606g724330885.jpeg

no but they're garbage better send them on over to me for proper disposal;)

Found it. In the 2004 Tandy Leather Factory catalog. Retailed for $169.99. Here's the description for those who search for this later.

35011-00 Al Stohlman Brand Copper Riveting Set  

2004_catalog-35011-00-asbrand-copper-riveting-set.jpg

That is a cool find!!   Better send them my way.  My other Al Stohlman tools are lonely!! 

This is a really late reply  to an old post. But I would love to get my  hands on  those sets. Could  anyone  point me in the right direction  please?

BLESSINGS,  JB

I have a set, not for sale, I found on eBay about 6 months ago!  Keep an eye out for them their unless someone sees your post and has a set for sale! Good luck!

Thank you sir! Believe me I've been trying,  I've spent since March  trying to track  down all my tools to get me all set up

BLESSINGS, JB

There's a set on ebay for over 300

On 12/27/2020 at 5:47 PM, Simplejack1985 said:

There's a set on ebay for over 300

@Simplejack1985@Rhale..That was me in a bidding war,  but I finally got me a set! thanks and BLESSINGS, JB

On 12/29/2020 at 8:46 PM, laleyendabizzness said:

@Simplejack1985@Rhale..That was me in a bidding war,  but I finally got me a set! thanks and BLESSINGS, JB

Good score 

wow, for that kind of $$, I think I'll just be looking for a set of Bob Douglas rivet setters.  They actually don't appear that difficult to make, especially for someone with access to a lathe, or even a drill press.

YinTx

Weaver sells these for $21.50 per size/set. But hey, if AS brand is what you want!.......

On 4/11/2017 at 6:52 PM, 24VOLTS said:

That is a cool find!!   Better send them my way.  My other Al Stohlman tools are lonely!! 

Would  you mind posting  what all Al Stohlman  tools you have please  Sir ? 

Blessings, JB

@johnv474,you wouldn't happen to have an old catalogue  showing  what all Stohlman  brand tools that were available? I'm trying  to keep track of what all I. Missing or need to be o. The lookout  for, Blessings,  JB