Cody C

Gunslinger belt and holster

This is my first holster and belt and my third every project. It was promised as a Christmas gift for my father a few years ago but I've just recently been able to commit the time to it. I'm overall pleased with how it turned out, but now having done it there are a few things I will probably change if I do another one.

dads gunbelt 3.jpg

dads gunbelt.jpg

dads gunbelt 4.jpg

Edited by Cody C

That is very nice. I'm sure your father will be pleased with it and proud to wear it.

Thank you sir. Yeah, he was pretty excited about it lol. Like watching a kid at Christmas.

Very nice. That's a lot of bullet loops. A lot of worked put into that rig. Did you stitch or rivet the loops?

I love the color.

That is some really nice work, and I love the tooling. The thing that really stood out, was the hardware. I thought it was way too shiny, but then it dawned on me- The reason it seemed too shiny, is everybody I do stuff for, wants either dull metal or black. And I do mean everybody! Good on you for breaking that stereotype!

Hey there , the holster and belt look great......

only pick i have is that I think you will find that the basket or bag weave on the holster  usually goes across and not downwards.... hey but who really cares..... check it out

Edited by Leatherbaron

thx for the replies. Yeah the holster was made separate and was the first holster and second project i had ever done, so it was still a bit of a learning curve. I actually hate the basket weave on there, and have since been thinking of making another one without it. 

The bullet loops were riveted on the ends, everything else on the entire belt was sewn, and i can tell you i am in no way a fan of hand stitching after doing that belt.

I went with the shiny buckle/conchos vs dark ones because the belt was dark. i looked at it like i do cars. dark paint= add a little chrome, light paint = black everything else out and I like the way a little bit of shiny breaks things up a little bit.

indeed it did... very sore hands