JLD

Help on making this fringe for browband

Hi,

I am wanting to make one of these fringes for the horses browband. I can see it made using bleed knots and looking closely at the picture I can sort of work out the sequence.

I was wondering if anyone here had made one and could give me some ideas or tips.  This will probably save me a lot of time and cursing as I try to work through it myself.

Also looking at the leather in the browband it appears to have a scalloped edge with a little hole on the middle of each scallop.  Is there a stamp or something one of you may have come across that would speed up achieving this look. 

Thanks in advance.

Browband.jpg

Can no one here help please :)

I can only see the thumbnail sized picture. Resolution is not good for enlarging. Thus I can't see any of the detail to make any comment about the band

Sorry  here is another picture of the same thing this one has less strands but made the same way

I can see that it is done using bleed knots and I can do them just after some clues on whether there is a system to do this e.g. do I start at one end and work accross or is the middle one done first etc.  Just not certain how to tackle it.  I have hunted on youtube and found one on a person doing it but there was just a quick shot and I couldn't get an idea so that I could reverse engineer.

il_570xN.928677749_o0vd.jpg

It looks to me like it's three separate pieces that will need to be worked on at the same time.

I am thinking that the two centre strands are worked first probably together as you said dirtclod and then the one that becomes the centre bottom loop as that seems to go around all the other strands which appears to me that it is done last.

May have a play this weekend wish me luck :)

This is not how to make the entire thing.  This is my nephew making a bracelet that has some of the bleed knot in your browband.  I hope it helps part of the way

Thank you but I cant play the video I get the error message This video contains content from SME, who has blocked it in your country on copyright grounds. (not sure what that is) I can do bleed knots if that is what the video shows it is more the order in which to do the strands in the latice I was wondering about.

Thank you for trying

Johanne

Strange my videos are open for everyone.  Yes it is just my nephew using 2 pieces of leather to make the bleed knot bracelet.

Your browband is made in a similar way.  It is 3 pieces made up in the same way as his bracelet.

The only difference is when doing the bleed knot holes on  your leather, You have to leave a gap for one end to loop through. Then start your bleed knot holes again.

Each of your 3 pieces of leather is made up 2 pieces of leather.  In total 6 pieces 

thank you will have a play and see how I get on.

Gmace99 beat me to it. They are bleed knots.

It looks like you have 3 bleed knot "chains" and both ends of each length of bleed knot attaches to the brow band. 

If I were to approach this project I would start with the center and add the other two. The center I'm defining as the strand with the loop at the tip of the triangle at the bottom. The other two strands go through that one to make the lattice. 

I would make the lattice first then attach it to the browband, that leaves room for minor adjustments if needed. 

Just my own thoughts on how to approach it. I hope you get it, it looks really cool and unique

Thanks all I am making something up now. will post a pic when finished unless it is a disaster.  Its looking OK but having issues getting it to lay flat.  Thinking I may wet it and press when finished to shape it. Anyway stay tuned.