There's a wallet that I made real quick I seen one and I decided to try it to see how the pattern actually turned out and how it holds out. The white stitching got muddy as it always does using Tandy thread. Yes I realize that is too large but that's okay. Also in the first picture are all of the handmade tools that I used in making the wallet the only thing not included was my new stitching horse.20170414_112245_resized.jpg.74a4ae5d895e16aaa0a7207f01840cee.jpg I found that the wallet will accommodate 6 cards and plenty of bills.20170414_113012_resized.jpg.10015d5f32909370f98d78d8300d9678.jpg if the pattern looks familiar it is although it is a combination of two different styles. Hopefully no one will be offended by it.20170414_112302_resized.jpg.72579b3bad5e426ff511d97c815a387c.jpg is a picture or two of the muddy stitching no matter what I have tried this thread that I'm using always goes muddy. Yes I have added extra length to the thread to try to avoid that also sealing the Finish etc etc..20170414_112325_resized.jpg.6bca946ea3dc3c9089fd91e4f6dfa6b6.jpg20170414_112337_resized.jpg.b598da5d3c74f1a0dd3d2570a8d0beec.jpg

20170414_112952_resized.jpg.2d96309ef2ada7bd09f0b5b5bab346ae.jpg

nice job, like that pattern, how thick is that leather?

How do you set the snaps without cutting the stitching?

I just now bailed out on the Tandy thread and ordered some good stuff from Egyptian Leather in Walla Walla. Shipped a few days ago, but USPS somehow hasn't see it yet! Was hoping to start stitching with Tiger this weekend or at least early next week. I guess it gets shipped when it gets shipped.

I like the way you blended a couple of wallets to come up with that one. I tend to do that too. (Probably 'cause I can't decide...)

3 hours ago, OLDNSLOW said:

nice job, like that pattern, how thick is that leather?

The leather is 2 - 3Oz more on the 4 Oz side LOL!

1 hour ago, alpha2 said:

How do you set the snaps without cutting the stitching?

I just now bailed out on the Tandy thread and ordered some good stuff from Egyptian Leather in Walla Walla. Shipped a few days ago, but USPS somehow hasn't see it yet! Was hoping to start stitching with Tiger this weekend or at least early next week. I guess it gets shipped when it gets shipped.

I like the way you blended a couple of wallets to come up with that one. I tend to do that too. (Probably 'cause I can't decide...)

The Stitch lines all stop just inside the area that the snaps cover really easy to do. As far as tiger thread goes I think it's overrated and overpriced I'm currently waiting on something that I ordered from fleabay for about an eighth of the cost of tiger if it's good stuff I'll be happy if it's not then the cats will have a lot of toys. I don't mind the old Tandy Tejas waxed thread as a matter of fact I kind of like it but they no longer sell it and the replacement that they have has way way way too much wax on it I have to actually strip the wax out of it to use it which I will continue to do because I just bought a roll of it it's good strong thread just has way too much wax! If the stuff that I ordered is true to the reviews I should be good to go for my smaller stuff anyway. Thank you both for the comments!

I haven't tried the Tiger yet, still waiting for the shipment. I do agree about the Tandy, though. I have to put it through a needle eye and strip it a couple of times to remove the excess. I've also used their unwaxed and waxed it myself. I find that it gets dirtier faster, especially near the needles. It's also the only thread I've had break on me.

39 minutes ago, alpha2 said:

I haven't tried the Tiger yet, still waiting for the shipment. I do agree about the Tandy, though. I have to put it through a needle eye and strip it a couple of times to remove the excess. I've also used their unwaxed and waxed it myself. I find that it gets dirtier faster, especially near the needles. It's also the only thread I've had break on me.

Never had any of the Tandy Tejas waxed thread break on me ever.  I am speaking to the replacement of this it's garbage as far as how much wax it has. I have tried tiger thread in a 1 millimeter size it was okay but it wasn't the magic unicorn that everyone tells it to be LOL!

I meant the unwaxed broke once when I waxed it myself. Halfway through a piece it just came apart. Never had their waxed break either. I figure all the wax molecules are holding hands too tightly for that!

On 4/14/2017 at 8:09 PM, Sanch said:

The leather is 2 - 3Oz more on the 4 Oz side LOL!

The Stitch lines all stop just inside the area that the snaps cover really easy to do. As far as tiger thread goes I think it's overrated and overpriced I'm currently waiting on something that I ordered from fleabay for about an eighth of the cost of tiger if it's good stuff I'll be happy if it's not then the cats will have a lot of toys. I don't mind the old Tandy Tejas waxed thread as a matter of fact I kind of like it but they no longer sell it and the replacement that they have has way way way too much wax on it I have to actually strip the wax out of it to use it which I will continue to do because I just bought a roll of it it's good strong thread just has way too much wax! If the stuff that I ordered is true to the reviews I should be good to go for my smaller stuff anyway. Thank you both for the comments!

I have the same issue with the white thread.  I don't know why they use so much wax, I end up stripping probably 1/2 of it off.  I I have a ball of wax sitting on my desk of stuff stripped off their thread.

Stu