Cyis

Versa Groover for $43 (made in China)

Since Sheridan leather is gone, some of the Chinese marker made some similar tools as Bob did.

It's made from HSS-COBALT and the screw are all get hardened to ensure the performance. The price is $43(with one tip), each tip are charge for $15.

If someone is interested in this  groover, I could help with ordering it from China.

WechatIMG2.jpeg

WechatIMG7.jpeg

Bob is still in business and making tools...

Bob is still in business and making tools...

Really? I want delete the post and do know you how to order from bob? 

I am interested in this stitch groover, with 1mm bit from china and would much appreciate your help in contacting this seller.

I could not find anything on aliexpress at that price.

Thanks Keith                  keithandco@shaw.ca

Why buy a Chinese copy when you can buy directly from Bob? He’s still in business and making tools.

Curious, is this a replica of Bob’s design?  I would tend to agree to support Bob with a purchase if it’s his design.  It’s hard enough to find people making tools for leatherworkers let alone quality tools at that. 

If not, this tool seems well designed and reasonably priced. 

Just a note; standard shipping from China typically gets delivered in 20-30+ days.  Expedited shipping is an extra 20 bucks (7-10 days) so that may eat up any savings that you may receive. 

So I am a newbie here, but I found a link that might help people order the Versa Groover directly from Bob at Douglas Saddle Company's Facebook page. Hope this isn't a repost from somewhere and that it helps somebody, especially Bob.

How do I get one from China??

10 hours ago, Dhawk777 said:

How do I get one from China??

I have this and I think it is fantastic value for money.

https://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=a1z09.2.0.0.17ef2e8dpmUZqg&id=581856901232&_u=62pk7i5fbbcc

If you don't have Chinese friends who can help you figure it out, there are a few guides out there that teach you how to setup a Taobao account, add credit cards, etc.

mp.

8 hours ago, niakulah said:

I have this and I think it is fantastic value for money.

https://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=a1z09.2.0.0.17ef2e8dpmUZqg&id=581856901232&_u=62pk7i5fbbcc

If you don't have Chinese friends who can help you figure it out, there are a few guides out there that teach you how to setup a Taobao account, add credit cards, etc.

i am intersed by this one but i dont read and write chinese....

Nice to see Bob back in business.  When he closed up shop I bought a lifetime supply of awls...    None finer.