biggdave92

juki 2810 help

been lurking here for some time.  we don't sew leather, but heavy goods.  Have an issue with a new juki 2810 single needle.  Employee pulled on material for some reason and needle bar is out of position.  its angled toward the operator.  in the attached pic, this is a good machine (right) and bad machine (left) side by side.  both are in needle bottom position.  how do i adjust this?  needle is hitting in front of feed dog.  supposed to go through hole in feed dog. waiting on call back from machine supplier.  thanks for any help!

IMG_20170418_094132.jpg

On most Juki lockstitch machines there is a clamp screw located underneath the machine on the right side, towards the front edge. It clamps a shaft that goes from the clamp on the lower shaft up to the upper shaft. It's usually what slips. It will be a fairly large clamp and screw. Loosen it a bit then tap the needle bar back until it's center again. If you have a parts book, you should be able to locate it based on how it connects between the top and bottom shafts. Have fun!

Regards, Eric

are there plastic parts inside the head? Just asking have not seen one of these Jukis but some parts look like plastic (maybe Delrin?) :blink:

Edited by Constabulary

Bigdave,

What's the full model number? There are several variations of this machine. Does it have the new Juki direct drive motor by chance?

Regards, Eric

It looks like the only adjustment is from the hole on the back of the machine, although I didn't tip my machine back to find the clamp that Eric mentioned.

IMG_0045_zpsouxabnge.jpg

Edited by Sunnyside Scott
Picture problems

I looked in a parts book, and there are 3 locations where it may have slipped. The one with your arrow, one on the right end of the top shaft and the one on the lower shaft I mentioned. If you do one that didn't slip, the one that did will slip again. On all of my 9010's and 5410's as well as my 2 ndl. 3578's I leave the lower one looser than the others so it's the one I always know is loose. FYI, I've bought 30 or so Juki's in the last 2 years and several have had loose clamp screws. 

Regards, Eric

2 hours ago, gottaknow said:

I looked in a parts book, and there are 3 locations where it may have slipped. The one with your arrow, one on the right end of the top shaft and the one on the lower shaft I mentioned. If you do one that didn't slip, the one that did will slip again. On all of my 9010's and 5410's as well as my 2 ndl. 3578's I leave the lower one looser than the others so it's the one I always know is loose. FYI, I've bought 30 or so Juki's in the last 2 years and several have had loose clamp screws. 

Regards, Eric

Can't beat that experience.

7 minutes ago, Gregg From Keystone Sewing said:

Can't beat that experience.

What seems to be a pattern from the Juki factories is that the build quality is quite good. The loose screws have all been ones that would have been loosened by a tech during the final sew off. Like those clamp screws, feed dog screws, needle bar clamp screws and such. Their new direct drive machines are great, but they all have a rubber LoveJoy coupler between the motor and the top shaft. Very smooth....for now. Tons of torque, which tends to find the loose screws. I'm also still leary of their new "dry head" lube system. Time will tell. On the other side of the coin is I still have a bunch of Singer 300w's I'm using as well as 2 112's. They just won't die. 

Regards, Eric