My brother wants me to make a belt for him but he is a very large person. I dont have any leather that is long enough to make a belt with a single strip of leather. How can i join two pieces while keeping the belt thin and reasonably nice looking? 

more info would help in giving an answer!  you might want to check with Kevin at SLC, they support the web site and might find that they carry what you need.

Use a 2 ply technique But join the pieces at different places. (Like 2 ply toilet paper, the 2 pieces facing away from each other. Join them @ different places and sew the all four pieces together like a regular sewn belt. Let me know how it comes out.

6 hours ago, Padfoot said:

My brother wants me to make a belt for him but he is a very large person. I dont have any leather that is long enough to make a belt with a single strip of leather. How can i join two pieces while keeping the belt thin and reasonably nice looking? 

Get in touch with Springfield Leather, they carry a pre-cut belt strip that is 84" long which gives you more than enough leather to create a plus size belt.  Depending on the actual waist size you may need to go with a two ply design (double thick, standard belt leather).

wow you guys reply quick, thanks for the advice I will post results once i finish the belt.