Equiplay Saddlery

Custom Guitar Strap

This is a guitar strap I just finished. I used Wickett and Craig 6 oz veg tan calf skin with a 6 oz latigo backing.  This was also the first piece I've ever antiqued. Overall I like the antique but it will definitely take a little practice. The customer loved it so that's the most important part but I would appreciate any feedback you guys care to give.  

IMG_1212.JPG

IMG_1213.JPG

IMG_1214.JPG

IMG_1215.JPG

Precision stamping looks great, especially with the antique. Antiquing is something that I am just starting to try as well. Everyone seem to have an opinion for a resist. What di you use?

Precision stamping looks great, especially with the antique. Antiquing is something that I am just starting to try as well. Everyone seem to have an opinion for a resist. What di you use?

Thanks WRLC. I used one coat of clear lac as the resist.  I probably should have used two but it's a learning experience. I top coated that with Tankote.  The antique was Feibings mohagany paste. 

Nice looking strap design.

Very nice..

I like that a lot!

Thanks guys.  Glad y'all like it.  I told the customer that having my strap on his guitar is as close to playing music as I'd ever get.   :guitar: