I love a European pricking chisel, especially among them J.Dixon. I'm trying to collect them. I want to buy or exchange what I have to own it. Please tell me if you want to sell them. 

14597362_1711550329136903_4079201569411694592_n.jpg

dixon.jpg

xien 5.jpg

I want to get help from you guys. :(

The old ones are not easy to find.  If you already have all of those in the photos, you likely have more than most of us.

Abbey England has some new versions made in the same style, but not Dixon branded.  I believe made by some of the original Dixon employees.

Occasionally one will pop up in Ebay, but they go for a premium.

YinTx

These olds could not find. Nếu bạn đã có tất cả những người trong ảnh, bạn có thể có nhiều hơn hầu hết chúng ta.

Abbey England có một số phiên bản mới được làm theo cùng một phong cách, nhưng không phải nhãn hiệu Dixon. I was tin được thực hiện bởi một số nhân viên ban đầu của Dixon.

Thỉnh thoảng một trong những người sẽ bật lên trong Ebay, nhưng họ đi cho một bảo hiểm phí. YinTx

Oh no,:( I do not currently have any dixon chisels. All picture on google . 

This is what I am having :wacko:

img_2.jpg

IMG_2706-600x450.jpg

Edited by LeoHachi

The first set you show a photo of is quite nice, resembles the Kyoshin Elle stitching irons that have been discontinued here.  Best of luck to you, I hope you are able to find the irons you are looking for.  Ebay has been best to find old leather tools, but you don't know the quality until it is in your hands!

YinTx

The first set you show a photo of is quite nice, resembles the Kyoshin Elle stitching irons that have been discontinued here.  Best of luck to you, I hope you are able to find the irons you are looking for.  Ebay has been best to find old leather tools, but you don't know the quality until it is in your hands!

YinTx

what i am having :d , 

They are manufactured by kyoshin elle

z648047953110_8ba924ecf726697fe29a4b110717f1ed.jpg

z648047953695_c33f69ee6f8a8e77fe8c6c5bf973ce54.jpg

z648047955442_ea5b59635d310d98ef3645e6d66a82ee.jpg

z648047960007_5c60ffc28f3b187066b9861109b26338.jpg

Edited by LeoHachi

@YinTx I hope I will find all out pricking iron that I want to collect, thank you very much 

Honestly condolences you, 

Are you affected by house fire?

It has stopped production, 

I bought it by a local leather man, it was an item used, bought for $ 25, side 2.7mm :D
Its quality is good, I think I will collect more if any

Respect. @YinTx

Thank you for that.  The fire was over a year ago, we have since recovered.

I suspected those irons were no longer being manufactured.  I have kept my eye out for used irons available as well, and hope to buy when I see one available.  You may more likely find them in your area than I in mine!

YinTx

Thank you for that.  The fire was over a year ago, we have since recovered.

I suspected those irons were no longer being manufactured.  I have kept my eye out for used irons available as well, and hope to buy when I see one available.  You may more likely find them in your area than I in mine!

YinTx

ohh hhihi :D i live in VietNam, There are many people who own this EMS chisel. But in return, no one owns the Dixon pricking chisel :( so it's hard for me to buy. I have talked to some people make handmade leather, they live in europe. They said that I should go to the saddle shop, and pick the trays there will be lucky to find, but unfortunately I live in VietNam is not Europe: (( 

If you know anyone who sells let me know, I'm grateful for that
Respect.

Edited by LeoHachi

Who sell a Dixon pricking, 

Is anyone there ??

You could try contacting Bruce Johnson. He deals in antique tools. He doesn't have any listed on his website though..

https://brucejohnsonleather.com/leather-tools-sale/

On 5/5/2017 at 5:36 PM, bikermutt07 said:

You could try contacting Bruce Johnson. He deals in antique tools. He doesn't have any listed on his website though..

https://brucejohnsonleather.com/leather-tools-sale/

OH, thank you very much.:wub:I contacted him, but he never had it :unsure:

14 minutes ago, LeoHachi said:

OH, thank you very much.:wub:I contacted him, but he never had it :unsure:

Sorry, he's the only one I know of that deals specifically in old tools.

Try Booth Tools. Booth carried some while Dixon was still in business. They may have some left.

http://www.boothandco.com/handtools.php

Edited by thefanninator

TKs @bikermutt07

6 hours ago, thefanninator said:

Try Booth Tools. Booth carried some while Dixon was still in business. They may have some left.

http://www.boothandco.com/handtools.php

oh, I heard Dixon, they stopped making leather tools. So where does your website sell Dixon tools, and is it a replica of Dixon?

3 hours ago, LeoHachi said:

TKs @bikermutt07

oh, I heard Dixon, they stopped making leather tools. So where does your website sell Dixon tools, and is it a replica of Dixon?

Contact them at that website and ask if they have some left.

Tks @thefanninator, I will try it :D

a chisel of Kyoshin Elle Ems pricking iron 2,7mm. With 0,45mm thread amy roke

received_1792869184287020.jpeg

received_1792869187620353.jpeg

Edited by LeoHachi

Those certainly make a nice stitch.  Did you use an awl with that, or did you try to punch all the way through with the stitching iron?  I found I had to be very careful not to go too far into the leather, as the outer tines tended to make a wider hole than the rest if I did go too far - you can see that it will happen by looking at the profile of the outermost tines in the image of the iron.

Still, I really liked them.  They had a solid feel, and left perfectly sized and angled impressions for a great stitch.  I hope to find a new set sometime.. they are not readily available here anymore.

YinTx

Are you still looking for Dixon’s I have a few vintage sets

4spi 7 and 2 tooth

5spi 9 and 2 tooth

6spi 10 and 2 tooth

7spi 12 and 2 tooth

all dirty but rust free

CC2BC22B-F229-44BB-A96C-FE31AAB85061.jpeg