Another recently made item of mine: a Field Notes Cover

Although I had made a field notes cover not long ago (the one with the streets of Pittsburgh engraved), I wanted something a little more business oriented. I made this with business card pockets added, and also sized it for dual purpose (it should function well as a passport cover, or at least that's the plan)

Let me know what you think of the design. If there's anything you would add or change to up functionality, I'd love to hear it. I want to offer this as an item for sale on my Etsy store, but I'm not convinced this is the final form of the design yet, so all input is appreciated.

DSC_0011_zpscoepyjam.jpg

18121112_1327858460633925_30702275901370

DSC_0012_zpslqkh0qns.jpg

PS: I feel like I've posted a lot of items recently, and don't want it to feel like I'm spamming the board. If it's better/preferred to condense threads and post items in batches, I'm happy to do that, just let me know. :) 

Edited by andrewsejlv
Correcting Pictures

So much better than the notebook cover I just made as a thank you gift.  Something about the colors of the contrasting inner pockets with the outer just doesn't work for me.  Feels kind of cold (outer shade) and warm (inner pockets).  Nice job though and great photography too.

Very nicely done! Hand-stitched or machine? Either way, nice clean stitch lines. I personally like the colors, and the contrast.

So much better than the notebook cover I just made as a thank you gift.  Something about the colors of the contrasting inner pockets with the outer just doesn't work for me.  Feels kind of cold (outer shade) and warm (inner pockets).  Nice job though and great photography too.

Thanks! I usually do the first of each design in a two-tone color scheme, as it highlights all the pieces involved. I'm actually pretty happy with these colors, but I may be biased as the creator... lol

Very nicely done! Hand-stitched or machine? Either way, nice clean stitch lines. I personally like the colors, and the contrast.

Thanks! It's all hand stitched. The two industrial walking foot machines I have are set up for working with Cordura, and the aggressive feed dogs and presser feet tear up the leather, so I hand stitch. Plus, I like being able to take my time and get the good stitch lines, so I don't mind hand stitching.

You can post as many as you like.

It's nice to see somebody having the time to spend at the bench.

Looks great. I, for one, like the two tone.

Another damn fine execution. 

You can post as many as you like.

It's nice to see somebody having the time to spend at the bench.

Looks great. I, for one, like the two tone.

Thanks! I have been trying to cut multiple patterns every time I get access to the laser, and stitch them up in my free time.

Another damn fine execution. 

Thanks!

I'll weigh in on liking the 2tone as well. Nice stitching