OLDNSLOW

Another fresh build ready for delivery tomorrow 4/28

the front view and a side view of the edge work That I have been able to achieve.

pile on the wagon and give It to me.

IMG_0689.JPG

IMG_0688.JPG

Looks PERFECT to me.  Is that Wickett & Craig leather?

Beautiful work but that's one ugly gun it it. LOL :-)

Edges look good -- but truth is I don't give that maybe as much weight as some do (prolly cuz I seen projects with nice edges but the rest is - you know - poo ;) ).

Still, your color looks great..  andya gotta nice sheen on the leather!

Edges look good -- but truth is I don't give that maybe as much weight as some do (prolly cuz I seen projects with nice edges but the rest is - you know - poo ;) ).

Still, your color looks great..  andya gotta nice sheen on the leather!

I'm confused.  Do you guys know each other?  Is this just some friendly ribbing or an inside joke?

I'm confused.  Do you guys know each other?  Is this just some friendly ribbing or an inside joke?

Nope, never met 'im - though we've talked a few times.  

But not "inside" and not a "joke"... the edges look good, but the REST of the holster is more important -- and that ALSO looks purdy good!

And I really have seen projects (not just holsters) where the edges look fine, but the project itself not so much (though, not Ron's).

:dunno:  I don't worry much about "nice".   At times, I'm prob'ly too 'nice' already. I've opted to say nothing when I certainly could have said things not-so-flattering.  I mean, often people don't care to hear what they might legitimately (honestly) be told.  

Sadly, these days "fashionable" is more important than truthful (except at my house).

NOT sadly, Ron's a big boy and doesn't need my opinion to do what he does. 

I like it.

I have a question though......

Will the nonparrellel belt slots cause a belt problem?

ok let me try and start at the top, the leather is W & C L really like the leather, as Jeff stated I know him from the board here and we have shared a few private messages and I have several of his patterns beyond that we don't know each other.  As far as the edges I was asked one time some time ago when I posted my work on a site if I could show a picture of the edges, now I don't know what the person was looking for, either total thickness or quality?!  We have to figure that the public is becoming more edumacated about what makes for quality stuff.  My son keeps harping at me that Dad you need to get a makers stamp, I don't think I know who made it and the buyer knows who made because it was made for them specifically!  if a customer chooses to show it off or keep it under cover it is up to them, I did deliver that holster today to the customer and he has been around firearms for oh 65 of his 73 years!  He thought it was nice and it was the second one I have built for him, in fact he works for midsouth shooters supply if any of you know who they are, and could have picked any number of holsters they get in and at whole sale!  the color is dark brown and took on a very deep color on the second coat, I also use Fiebings neatfoot compound oil I think it is called that I have found will take most colors and make then much deeper and darker.  As for the belt slots it does not present a problem in fact it helps contribute to the cant of the holster and again I have not had any complaints to this point, as I noted I have and use some of Jeff's patterns but not this one but I did incorporate his sewing idea around the belt holes but could only make it work on the one side, I felt the other side had a close enough stitch line anyway, and this was sewed on a Cobra 4.

thanks

oops forgot to say that the finish is one coat of Fiebings Roselen applied with a very lightly dampened Tandy sponge.  I will keep working what is soaked in to the sponge till I think it is just right and it goes on both the outside and inside.  I don't like sponges on a stick or brushes I found that the damp sponge works best. 

Ron, like I said before I like it...if the customer is happy then you should be as well, regardless of any other bung hole erum...opinion..eh you know how that works! lol!!

great holster! Great edges, too. A lot of effort, but worth it. I recently got the barbed wire stamp set also. Can't seem to make the various stamps in the kit come out even close to the same impression. The same stamp, yeah, but when you go to one of the other stamps, (straight or corner), the greater surface changes the set. Did you find that to be an issue?

I have with one or two of them and I think one is the real long straight one, so what I do is just use the short straight one and make sure I whack the snot out of it when I whack it. And sometimes the leather will make a difference, I have notices that W & C will take a stamp better than other leather and the thickness of the leather, I use W & C for holsters and H O for belts and the H O sometimes is far more stiffer.

thanks!