Hello to everyone! I wanted to Thank those of you that recommended  the "speed reducer" for my Consew 227! Love having that slower speed for control. Nick at Nick o Sew took great care of me! Love their service! After explaining to Nick that I'm using mostly leather now a days to make handbags, etc., I explained to him how my 227 has trouble going through those multiple layers, resluting in broken needles, etc., he recommended the nks 441. Anyone know anything about that machine, or a clone? I'm just investigating for now!  Thank You all for any input! All the Best! )

The Nick-o-Sew NKS 441 belongs to the large group of Juki TSC-441 clones. Other examples include Cowboy 4500, Cobra Class 4, Techsew 5100, and many others. They're great machines overall with good availability of parts and accessories. There's little real-world difference between the various vendor versions. The NKS 441 has pre-drilled mounting holes for a swing-down edge guide, which is a nice touch. 

As always - the guys who sponsor this page deserve your consideration.

Thank You Uwe! I appreciate your advice and I admire the knowledge you have on all these different areas of this craft! Thx for all your help! )