hi everyone, just finished this today,  :rockon:

DSC_0619.JPG

Classy

Nice to see someone else from Dorset. Is the hardware copper rivets? Looks nice. great design. Le prevo sell buckles like that - good to see what they look like on a belt.

Love it

Really clean looking and very good use of color. Great looking belt you've made there!

Looks really good.   I like that buckle a lot.

Great job! I love the belt keeper design!

That is a really awesome belt.

That belt looks amazing, did you hand carve all those Celtic knots?
One aspect did jump out at me though, the stitch line near the buckle. I have seen more than a few straps and belts fail at the location of stitches across them like this. I could compare it to the perforations on a sheet of postage stamps.  

DSC_0619.thumb.JPG.34328b42828eb0b653a0904d39b59ce2.JPG.9d943ed1edd1e263e5d723ba34e7a5f8.JPG

Edited by Bonecross

That belt looks amazing, did you hand carve all those Celtic knots?
One aspect did jump out at me though, the stitch line near the buckle. I have seen more than a few straps and belts fail at the location of stitches across them like this. I could compare it to the perforations on a sheet of postage stamps.  

DSC_0619.thumb.JPG.34328b42828eb0b653a0904d39b59ce2.JPG.9d943ed1edd1e263e5d723ba34e7a5f8.JPG

hi everyone, thank you for the kind words, and hi wulfing, im not far from lulworth cove if you know it and they are they are just double cap rivets with the antique brass finish  :-)  and hi bonecross, , that was actually a double stitch,that i didnt notice until i took this picture DOH!  :-)  and yes, celtic design is all carved ,bevelled and back grounded by hand, took a while.... lol ;-) 

They have a similar desien in the Leather Crafters magazine, vol. 27 Jan/Feb 2017. They used the Left and Right L-Leg stamp from the Pro-Series. I was trying to find the stamps on the internet, with no luck.Can you tell me what stamp you used and where can I purchase it?  By the way I love your belt.

Jim

hi everyone, thank you for the kind words, and hi wulfing, im not far from lulworth cove if you know it and they are they are just double cap rivets with the antique brass finish  :-)  and hi bonecross, , that was actually a double stitch,that i didnt notice until i took this picture DOH!  :-)  and yes, celtic design is all carved ,bevelled and back grounded by hand, took a while.... lol ;-) 

I don't think Bones was so much talking about the ending of the stitch with the backstitch as he was talking about going across the leather. Punching 9 or 10 holes in the leather to stitch weakens the leather considerably and will make it a potential fail point in the future.

They have a similar desien in the Leather Crafters magazine, vol. 27 Jan/Feb 2017. They used the Left and Right L-Leg stamp from the Pro-Series. I was trying to find the stamps on the internet, with no luck.Can you tell me what stamp you used and where can I purchase it?  By the way I love your belt.

Jim

hi jim, its a craftaid  http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/112021286976?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2648&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT  you shuld e able to get onefrom tandy or ebay :-) 

Very nice, this would look good with my kilt.

hi jim, its a craftaid  http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/112021286976?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2648&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT  you shuld e able to get onefrom tandy or ebay :-) 

Thank you very much, I will check it out. I hope I can get the same results as you.

Jim

Beautiful work! That Celtic knotwork must have taken ages! 

Sharkeyfinn,  Looks great!  Just curious about the back side of where you turned the leather over to affix the buckle.  How did you manage that?