Thought I was shut down, as my computer told me I weas not connected to the internet.  It must've done an auto-re-start, so I find I was no longer invisible but not awake.  Sorry for the mis-representation.

Ross,

With all the smoke and ash in the air, it's really bad breathing outside, and as I said earlier, my computer is in the barn.  So I'll be back when the air clears a bit.  Right now it's like snow falling, except that it's ash, and the smoke is so thick and pervasive that we all have to wear masks to even be outside.  Look like a bunch from Shanghai.  Not pleasant nor healthy. 

I'll be branding calves on Friday ( 200 miles away and out of the smoke pattern, so I have to get my gear ready, or I wouldn't be out here even this morning. 

Chat when I can

Colonel

Couple of us kicking around chat tonight if anyone cares to join us, Link in this thread.

Cowboy.  stay safe...always a pleasure when you can join us

Happy New year all

I'll be in later as well.

pardon my naiveté but how does one enter chat? I've looked all over the site and can't find a chat room, unless you all are on another site.... 

the site used to run one but due to some kind of issues they had to shut down. We were supposed to get another one and it never happened so I set one up on my site

http://darylsleather.com/chat/

Once you enter, just click on where it will say Guestxxx and you can change your name

3 minutes ago, Jake907 said:

pardon my naiveté but how does one enter chat? I've looked all over the site and can't find a chat room, unless you all are on another site.... 

Jake what daryl said just follow the link its easy.. few of us pop on every couple days at least and chat leather

ya, I uh... read through this thread a little better and figured it out, (dur). Thanks guys

@Halitech thanks for setting up a room, I forgot how much fun that is

anyone around to chat tonight?

If anyone wants to chat about some leatherwork...stop on into chat tonight.  Link in the thread above

16 minutes ago, Sheilajeanne said:

Someone needs to sticky this thread!

jump in to the room!

“Discord” works well for forum chats.   It’s fast and free.  Reddit r/leathercraft has a very active Discord chat room.  Works well for mobile only users too and supports PM for gossiping.  Did I mention free.

Edited by Webicons

the chat room is free and fast too and unlike Discord, it does not require anyone to install anything.

Maybe another time. I was already chatting with someone on FB Messenger.

Hey Guys,

Been out of town and am trying to catch up.  May be in the room later tonight.  If not, tomorrow for certain

Cowboy Dick

Doubt I'll be able tyo get in for quite some time.  Lost a foal last night and getting set for a three week trip.  no time to lag, then  off to aREAL branding -- two weeks out.  Branding every morning and gathering every afternoon,  Slows down the leather work, but WTF?

Chat when I can.

sorry to hear about the foal, not good when you lose any animal. Be safe on your travels and work.