Hi everyone. This is my first post. I wanted to thank the community for all I read here about vinegar black. I am madly in love with using mordant instead of dye. I was able to turn out an impulse project in no time with my month old brew.

It's a holster for my fabric scissors. I made the mistake of using the live edge of the hide for the rim (I liked the soft curve of it), but it's too floppy and soft for my liking, so I know next time to either line the rim or be sure to use a tougher inner part of the hide for that edge. 

It was instantly gratifying and deeply satisfying. I'm thankful for this forum and hope I can post and read more when I can get my head out of my work. Take care everyone!

~gemfox

IMG_8460.jpg

nicely done gemfox, wait till you get the airbrush bug :-) 

Looks Great

classic lines nice and clean. Well done and welcome.

And everyone will know who they belong to!

Good job and on another note, cool logo.

Well done 

Duplicate

Edited by Tugadude
Redundant

Nice job and I second Bikermutt's comment about your logo.  Did you design it yourself?  If you did, you nailed it.

Folks, I just went to this lady's website and am completely blown away.  I don't think there is much she cannot do.  Photography, glasswork, leather, fabric, you name it.  Wow.  Do yourself a favor and check it out.

On 5/4/2017 at 10:54 PM, Tugadude said:

Nice job and I second Bikermutt's comment about your logo.  Did you design it yourself?  If you did, you nailed it.

Folks, I just went to this lady's website and am completely blown away.  I don't think there is much she cannot do.  Photography, glasswork, leather, fabric, you name it.  Wow.  Do yourself a favor and check it out.

Yep I designed the logo.

@Tugadude  Wow, I'm flattered. I believe that making is making - that all media, all abilities, and all experiences are connected. ~_^ Thanks so much. 

Thanks for the kind words and warm welcome, everyone!

•Gem•