Yetibelle

Adler Paint Polling

A brand new (never used) Adler 120-8 for sale in Norway, high lift and alternating pressers.adler120-8.jpgadler120-8f.jpg 

Sure I know it's an Adler - I was using the Singer 7-31 for comparison since the head parts look identical and when I would look up the Adler 20 it always had that flat plate on the front of the head mine does' have that.  So since I could not find a picture of the Adler 20-20 that looked like mine I was wondering if it may have started out as an Adler but someone rebuilt it with the Singer class 7 head parts?  No big deal now I just have to get it back togeather and working now.  

2 hours ago, Trox said:

Here is a couple of highlift Adler 20-8 (or 8A, not sure) I could get for free some four year ago. The have a monster lift of 40 mm and used as garden ornaments. To bad really, these are expensive machines for the ones who need them.adler20hagepynt.jpgadler20hagep..jpg

I would not have been able to turn those down for free, but then I have yet to find a machine I don't want.  

5 hours ago, Trox said:

Singer machines are popular in USA, the UK and by our member Constabulary, the rest of the world will choose the Adler machines ( that's my opinion anyway :) )

Are you offending me, Tor?;)  :lol: Jimi from Spain is Singer crazy too... I´m sure there is a dark figure of "secret Singer users" in Europe - like the free masons :blahblahblah:  :lol:

Edited by Constabulary

Also, the Adler 20 class is longer than the Singer 7 class. The base differs an inch or two in lenght if im not mistaken. Regarding the square faceplate of the Adler 20 I have actually seen a Singer 7 with a similar look for sale here in sweden, unfortunantly I did not save the pictures the seller sent me.  

IMHO, those Adlers were definately saveable, or at least worth spending a bit time trying a bit resuscitation on them.

But there again, I'm a sucker for waifs and strays.:rolleyes:

HaHa.. if they were Singers they would have been worth saving :lol: 

On Thursday, May 11, 2017 at 7:41 AM, Constabulary said:

Are you offending me, Tor?;)  :lol: Jimi from Spain is Singer crazy too... I´m sure there is a dark figure of "secret Singer users" in Europe - like the free masons :blahblahblah:  :lol:

:) No offense, I understand it. It's good to alway find parts and documentation for what you working on. That's not always that easy with Adler, not a problem but Singer are better there.  I'll guess I've had some bad luck with my Singers. I think the different is the precision the Adler are made, like comparing it to a Swiss watch with super nice steel. The Singer is strong heavy duty but a bit more ruff. The Advantage with Singer are that there was so many of them.  

VanRhodes, Yes they looks to be a bit longer. And there are many different types of front plates with foot lifter http://sew24.blogspot.no/p/downloads.html 

Yetibelle, 

it a big machine(s), no more room for machines I have no use.

Yes those Adlers was saveable, they had done service in Norways biggest (only perhaps) sports tent producer.

Espessially the highlift machines are valuable, if you are going to buy a SL produced Adler 120-30 you have to pay a crazy price for it.  

just jokeing Tor, i have not tried any Adler so i cannot judge them.

3 minutes ago, jimi said:

just jokeing Tor, i have not tried any Adler so i cannot judge them.

Of course :) I'll love Singer fans, it's always possible they will not buy that nice Adler bargain and leave it for me :) 

Edited by Trox
spelling

Maybe one day i will get one... and you end up with the singer...:lol:

19 minutes ago, jimi said:

Maybe one day i will get one... and you end up with the singer...:lol:

:)

By accident I found a couple of pictures of the Singer 7 class with an adler-looking head and spring. 

IMG_5045.JPG

IMG_5046.JPG

That which was once seen, can never be unseen..
"Frankenbuild"..~:o

Did ya's hear the one about the sewing machine wot wanted to be on X-Factor / America's Got Talent ?

Cos it was a Singer

ok, I'll get my coat

Being a singer, I'm betting it was black with lots of gold bling, fancy feet, did a lot o' bobbin', and did sole.

oh man, you have me in stitches

Yes Singer made a lot of different models as well. You really see how big these are on that table. The gold bling was more common on older machines and on domestics. These was all true industrials and seen use in WW2 as a repairing machine for canvas/tent etc. It even got a medal for its contributions along with two other Singer machines, if I'm not wrong. :)