Stuggi

Pfaff Lamp / Efka Variostop VD24

Hi everybody!

A year ago I aquired a Pfaff walking foot machine (335-H3-39/21-BSN to be exact) with a Variostop VD24. Now I managed to find the correct lamp for this machine with a separate arm. The lamp is outfitted with a small plug and a 230VAC 15W lamp, and when I went to install it on my machine I found out that the Variostop motor has a connection for a lamp already! But when I measured the contacts on the motor it gave out only 15VAC? So my question is, are these old (1976 is the vintage of my machine) machines usually fitted with 12VAC bulbs? The bulb is some odd bayonet bulb. 

Best regards,

Sebastian 

And if someone has a manual for that VD24 motor I'd be very thankful!

Now I feel like something of an idiot, if you inspect the plate on the motor you'll find a line at the bottom that says "Nählicht 12V 20W", which translates to "Sewing light 12V 20W". So I guess I'll just order the right bulb and be on my way... :)

Right, just be sure to get the correct voltage and wattage, common also are 6.3Volt, 17 Watt bulb service from clutch motors.

Here's the Variostop manual from 1976. Page 2 is useful to tell you exactly which motor you have. In there day, these were top of the line. I'll post this manual here, but I'm adding it to my information thread I started a bit ago.

Regards, Eric

Variostop.pdf

I would suggest you buy a led lamp instead and install separately from the motor, these motor lamps can have some bad mood somethimes. Yes those motors are old now. Still useable motors indeed, electronic clutch motor with position, electronic clutch  electronic brake and expansions possibilities.