MY63

Lin Cable thread group purchase in the UK

I would like to order some Lin Cable thread from France if I order 12 spools there is a significant discount I cant justify that expenditure in one go. if there is anyone else who would like to order with me I am happy to share the discount.

regards

Michael

This sounds an interesting idea, so count me in for 1, maybe 2 spools.  

I did have a very old 4/5ths used spool I was given, and I quite liked it, but it was white (well, very grubby white after many years in someone's garage).

After I posted this I was contacted by a member via PM with an alternative supplier in France who was willing to supply thread without a minimum purchase of 150 euros.

I have asked their permission to share the prices. Mando Fr are an authorised supplier of Fil Au Chinois Lin Cable and carry the full range

Fil Au Chinois Lin Cable 332  price 12.39 euro plus vat 

Fil Au Chinois Lin Cable 532 price  15.56 euro plus vat

Delivery is via UPS and for my order was 16 euro

These are whole sale prices from Mando France I have been dealing with José he can be contacted via email at this address mando.paris@wanadoo.fr their website does not contain prices but they are happy to provide them on request.

I hope this helps others to try this excellent product.

That's great, many thanks for your help, and the work you've put into this.

Maureen

Any updates on this please? How was it to work with etc?

Thanks,

Geoff

9 hours ago, Talaman said:

Any updates on this please? How was it to work with etc?

Thanks,

Geoff

Hi Geoff

I have to be honest it is not my favourite thread, In use I find it coils up on itself and appears to fray and snap easily. 

Mando were very efficient to deal with but only accept bank transfer which costs extra.

Michael

OK thanks Michael.

5 hours ago, MY63 said:

Hi Geoff

I have to be honest it is not my favourite thread, In use I find it coils up on itself and appears to fray and snap easily. 

Mando were very efficient to deal with but only accept bank transfer which costs extra.

Michael

I have just  purchased a couple of reels from Deco Cuir and I must say I find it great to sew with. It's the price I find prohibitive but the ones you quote are almost half what you would pay elsewhere. What thickness were you sewing with if you find it breaking easily?

Hi Dunluce 

I have been using 532 I have four or five reels and find they all have a similar issue. It might be partly my fault in that I don't like joints so I tend to work with long pieces of thread.

Mando are nice people who sell to leather workers at a reasonable price as listed above. The best way to contact them is via email  mando.paris@wanadoo.fr I dealt with José who was most helpful.

Michael

This supplier has Fil au Chinois and other European brands of linen thread. http://www.kurzke.co.uk

Besides full reels she has sample packs of 5 and 10 m .

This supplier has Campells Satin Laid Linen Thread http://www.marchand-medieval.com

As an addition, Cuirschadefaux in Paris sell 50g bobbins for only €12 excl. VAT. So, a lot cheaper than most other shops. They have a limited selection of colours, but most thicknesses.

They don't have prices listed, so just email them, and put in an order.

Only issues, not sure they speak English, and Dominique, the guy there is, how can I put this politely, very French, if you know what I mean. :-)

Edited by Simeon54