thechavez

Servo Recommendations

Hi guys-

i need some recommendations on a servo motor for my DA 269-373. I have an Enduro Pro 5000rpm on my Consew 206rb, along with a speed reducer. It's a 110v motor, and I'd really like to do something similar on my other machine as well. However, I'm having trouble locating another motor like the one I currently have, so I'm wondering if anyone would recommend others. Or at least which ones to stay away from. I see several models with brakes (as far as I know) floating around eBay for around $100-130, but I'm not sure what to make of them. I also see several that look smaller and have a digital control on the control box that is separate from the motor itself (Iike the Consew CSM1000). Any help on this would be appreciated. Thanks!

I have an ISM SV-71, and I think it's one of the better offerings out there. They are a little more $ up front, but they are far more controllable thru the interface. I've had several other types of servos over the years but this ISM is by far the best I have used (without going into the really big $$ motors). Mine has a needle positioner and it functions better than the Goldstar motors I'm running with positioners. I like the SV71 so well I plan on replacing all my motors with them over time. Hope this helps (I do not sell these motors or have any affiliation with ISM).  

In my opinion, I would contact Bob Kovar of Toledo Industrial Sewing and ask him about a FS-550 servo or just tell him what you got and what you want to do, and he can make a different suggestion