MendellLeatherOK

Cowboy Sewing Machine Dealers

Does anyone know of any Cowboy Machine dealers near NE OK or Kansas? Id like to maybe see a machine and actually talk to someone before I buy.

32 minutes ago, SolarLeatherMachines said:

I'm the closest one to you.  We're in Dallas, TX.  

www.solar-leather.com

My goodness. Alrighty, I really only have a couple questions if you dont mind answering! I do a lot of small projects and the most I will ever use is a triple layer of 8/9oz. I am looking at the CB2500 and the CB3200. Whats your suggestion for the best machine for me? I think the 2500 would be fine but Im worried about the feed teeth making marks on the bottom. Also, are these machines easy to use? This will be my first big machine with a motor and I just want to get all the information that I can!

13 minutes ago, MendellLeatherOK said:

My goodness. Alrighty, I really only have a couple questions if you dont mind answering! I do a lot of small projects and the most I will ever use is a triple layer of 8/9oz. I am looking at the CB2500 and the CB3200. Whats your suggestion for the best machine for me? I think the 2500 would be fine but Im worried about the feed teeth making marks on the bottom. Also, are these machines easy to use? This will be my first big machine with a motor and I just want to get all the information that I can!

These machines are easy to learn to use and adjust. There is little that is not obvious about them. You will  get a basic instruction sheet with your machine, plus there are numerous videos on YouTube that demonstrate the setup and use of these big harness stitchers.

When you buy one of these machines new it will arrive threaded correctly with a thick stack of leather sewn off, sitting under the presser foot/feet.

Most people who are torn between a bottom feed CB2500 and CB3200/3500/4500 will buy the compound feed model with a smooth feed dog.

6 minutes ago, Wizcrafts said:

These machines are easy to learn to use and adjust. There is little that is not obvious about them. You will  get a basic instruction sheet with your machine, plus there are numerous videos on YouTube that demonstrate the setup and use of these big harness stitchers.

Most people who are torn between a bottom feed CB2500 and CB3200/3500/4500 will buy the compound feed model with a smooth feed dog.

That's what Im leaning towards, reading your post over the general information of sewing machines really helped me come to a decision quickly on what I needed! I'd rather just bite the bullet and buy a machine that is capable of sewing way more than I need just in case. I'd rather have it and not need it than vice versa. I just didnt want to buy a machine that was WAY more than I needed.

You won't go wrong with any of the compound feed Cowboy machines. Alexander is a very knowledgeable dealer and will assist you when you are cornfused about some facit of the machine. He has videos for the viewing about most of the machines he sells and services.

As I added after my first reply, a new Cowboy machine will arrive threaded and with leather sewn off under the foot. Photograph the thread path and direction the winding on the bobbin face in the bobbin case.

8 minutes ago, Wizcrafts said:

You won't go wrong with any of the compound feed Cowboy machines. Alexander is a very knowledgeable dealer and will assist you when you are cornfused about some facit of the machine. He has videos for the viewing about most of the machines he sells and services.

As I added after my first reply, a new Cowboy machine will arrive threaded and with leather sewn off under the foot. Photograph the thread path and direction the winding on the bobbin face in the bobbin case.

Thank you very much! Ill be glad when I can order one and get rid of my little Singer!

not cowboy. SLC has on site the cobra & some others. Great to deal with thats where I got mine. 

On 5/16/2017 at 0:47 PM, MendellLeatherOK said:

Thank you very much! Ill be glad when I can order one and get rid of my little Singer!

So glad you posted this and that I got a chance to see what answers you got. I think I need a CB3200!!! LOL! I wonder how much shipping would be to Washington State. LOL! Really, I do wonder! Are there any Dealers in Seattle area?

Edited by suzelle

1 hour ago, suzelle said:

So glad you posted this and that I got a chance to see what answers you got. I think I need a CB3200!!! LOL! I wonder how much shipping would be to Washington State. LOL! Really, I do wonder! Are there any Dealers in Seattle area?

I emailed info@cowboysew.com and they were able to hook me up with someone close to me! That way you can either email or call them and talk out everything!

On 5/17/2017 at 0:56 PM, Norton Custom Leather said:

not cowboy. SLC has on site the cobra & some others. Great to deal with thats where I got mine. 

I think Cobras are super nice machines but they are a bit out of my price range! Im gonna be stretching to get the 3200!

2 hours ago, suzelle said:

<<<<snip>>>Are there any Dealers in Seattle area?

Ask Earnie at http://www.chholderby.com/ .  They are the best at repair and can advise on all types of sewing requirements.  I suspect that he will recommend one of the sewing machine sponsors at the top of leatherworker.net  

I have been off the forum for quite a while but have been steadily been building up my leather business which started with the 3200 5 or so years ago. I have shipped to 25+- countries and my 3200 hasn't hiccupped since I received it. There were a few bugs, quickly resolved by the folks in Toledo. I have made some mods to the electronics which has slowed down the stich rate significantly, but otherwise the machine is magic! It hasn't dropped a single stitch. Just today I had to rework a one off item which required ripping out a 12" seam then restitching. I positioned the needle in the first empty hole and the rest were PERFECTLY placed in the remaining holes!

Go for it!!

Bob

On 5/19/2017 at 10:31 AM, stelmackr said:

Ask Earnie at http://www.chholderby.com/ .  They are the best at repair and can advise on all types of sewing requirements.  I suspect that he will recommend one of the sewing machine sponsors at the top of leatherworker.net  

stelmS

Stelmackr,

Thank you for that info., I didn't know Ernie sold those. Every couple years, I do go to his shop and get something! Have to put that on my must have list!

I just bought a Cowboy 4500 from Bob at Toledo Sewing and could not be happier!  Thickest leather I have sewn is 3 layers of 8-9 oz veg tan, but it sews 2 layers of upholstery leather without touching the tension.  I bought a bit more machine than I need now, because I would rather run the machine at the mid range of its capability than run at its max limits.  It has been fun learning how to sew, as I have never sewn on a machine before.  Here is a photo of the first project - a sheath for my Japanese paring knife.

IMG_0447.JPG.jpeg

Hey Gary,Great looking job there.

Thanks Bob - I drifted off a little on the RH side, but the stitches were even!  Learning as I go and having fun!

That's what happens when you make something you noticed all the little mistakes.I had to go back & look @ it again to notice it.LOL!

I’ve been bouncing back and forth between buying the cobra 26 or the cowboy 3200. Is there a cowboy dealer in California? I would like a dealer a tad closer to me. 

No  Steve at Cobra is in Northern California.  Bob at Cowboy is in Toledo Sewing in Toledo, OH and Neel at Neel's Saddlery, the Cowboy dealer is also in Ohio.