Sanch

Tippmann boss

I really cannot comment on the Outlaw . . . but I've had a Tipmann Boss for over 15 years . . . and it has pretty much done all I ever wanted it to do.

I can also make another comment . . . which pertains easier to me because of location . . . when I've had a problem with it (twice) . . . I laid it in the passenger seat . . . and two hours later, I'm standing behind Ben . . . he is fixing the problem . . . and I'm back on my way.

Your location will not work for that . . . but they are solid on fixing any problems that arise.

The worst problem I've ever had with it . . . it does not like to go around circular corners . . . never figured out why . . . it just doesn't . . . and sometimes the back side of the stitching is a bit less than optimal.  It's great for holsters . . . dog collars . . . knife sheaths . . . but belts can be a pain if you have a shoulder problem.  

Put it to prayer . . . let the Lord help you with the decision . . . that actually is my best piece of advice.  People ask me if the Lord is my steering wheel or my life preserver . . .  I claim He is my GPS . . . gives me the directions before I get there.

May God bless,

Dwight

Edited by Dwight

I’m sure I have posted the pros n cons of the The Boss before but in a nutshell - 

pros - really small footprint, it’s a hardy class 7 system so big thread and needle for heavy work.  Portable since it’s so small.  

cons - you need to crank with one arm, and you need to crank consistently the same way.  If you get lazy cranking you may skip a stitch.  Think about cranking 500 times for a belt or bag strap stitch line - my arm is already tired.  Other cons are small throat depth, and the last is the cost, it’s pricy.  

Spend the extra money and get a Cowboy 4500, you will not regret it.  

6 hours ago, Dwight said:

I really cannot comment on the Outlaw . . . but I've had a Tipmann Boss for over 15 years . . . and it has pretty much done all I ever wanted it to do.

I can also make another comment . . . which pertains easier to me because of location . . . when I've had a problem with it (twice) . . . I laid it in the passenger seat . . . and two hours later, I'm standing behind Ben . . . he is fixing the problem . . . and I'm back on my way.

Your location will not work for that . . . but they are solid on fixing any problems that arise.

The worst problem I've ever had with it . . . it does not like to go around circular corners . . . never figured out why . . . it just doesn't . . . and sometimes the back side of the stitching is a bit less than optimal.  It's great for holsters . . . dog collars . . . knife sheaths . . . but belts can be a pain if you have a shoulder problem.  

Put it to prayer . . . let the Lord help you with the decision . . . that actually is my best piece of advice.  People ask me if the Lord is my steering wheel or my life preserver . . .  I claim He is my GPS . . . gives me the directions before I get there.

May God bless,

Dwight

Thank you Dwight. I'm serious on continuing my leatherwork, I have a work area just for leather, and enough leather to do several project, the problem remains to be the hands, which I leave to His hands. 

6 hours ago, Yetibelle said:

I’m sure I have posted the pros n cons of the The Boss before but in a nutshell - 

pros - really small footprint, it’s a hardy class 7 system so big thread and needle for heavy work.  Portable since it’s so small.  

cons - you need to crank with one arm, and you need to crank consistently the same way.  If you get lazy cranking you may skip a stitch.  Think about cranking 500 times for a belt or bag strap stitch line - my arm is already tired.  Other cons are small throat depth, and the last is the cost, it’s pricy.  

Spend the extra money and get a Cowboy 4500, you will not regret it.  

Thank you Yetibelle for your response. Your response makes me want to step up the game and look into the CB4500 or comparable machine. I'm leaning on doing it by "hand", but my hands are recommending other ways at this point. I struggled at doing hand-stitching for a small knife sheath. But at this juncture, it is the creation, and time to do many, verses one at a snails pace. I've got several ideas in the head that need to come out...

IMG_1200 - Copy (2).jpg