Face and backside.  Kimber Pro Raptor II with 4" barrel.  High-ride with a 15-degree rake/cant.

DSCN4789.jpg33992821313_d3df59d54d_h.jpg

Superb!

25 minutes ago, sideforce said:

Superb!

Thank you!

Very nice!

Nice work!  A beautiful holster for a fine fire arm.

HEY.. this looks good, Bruce! Love the color.

Nice! I would have totally overdone that, with excessive decorative cuts, etc. etc. etc.  Now I know what it SHOULD look like. Thanks!

Thanks everybody for the kind words!  

That looks fantastic!

On 5/25/2017 at 5:53 PM, alpha2 said:

Nice! I would have totally overdone that, with excessive decorative cuts, etc. etc. etc.  Now I know what it SHOULD look like. Thanks!

Thank you!  I'm not a fan of too many decorative cuts, but that's just my quirk.  I do use them, but when I do it's minimal--some would say I don't use enough.  I think it's all a matter of personal taste.  One thing I learned was not to get too tangled up in "rules."  Paddle your own canoe! ;)

On 5/25/2017 at 5:47 PM, JLSleather said:

HEY.. this looks good, Bruce! Love the color.

Thanks, Jeff!  100% Neatsfoot oil and a few hours of Florida sunshine!  

What weight did you use? and you should bottle that Florida sunshine.. it does a good job. I also noticed the effective lack of decorative cuts. I think I need to try toning mine down and see how it goes on one or two.

8 hours ago, plinkercases said:

What weight did you use? and you should bottle that Florida sunshine.. it does a good job. I also noticed the effective lack of decorative cuts. I think I need to try toning mine down and see how it goes on one or two.

It's 7/8 oz. Hermann Oak.  

Hope it's starting to warm up in Ontario.  I've been to Thunder Bay a few times--that is some beautiful country!

Thanks and yes it is getting warmer here and still very wet...unusually wet... so now humid. I am in TO but have been up north a lot and yes it is beautiful country.

Really nice work and thanks for the added info.

8 hours ago, Josh Ashman said:

Looks really good Bruce, nice job!

Thanks, Josh!  I enjoyed this one--I need the practice, and these are like little canvases. ;)

Looks like you're getting plenty of practice to me! I really like the Sheridan carving and the holster looks very functional in addition to the excellent carving, fit and finish. Really an all around great job! 

3 hours ago, Josh Ashman said:

Looks like you're getting plenty of practice to me! I really like the Sheridan carving and the holster looks very functional in addition to the excellent carving, fit and finish. Really an all around great job! 

Thank you, sir.  I enjoy the pattern drawing itself, and the challenge of filling the space.    

17 hours ago, poppyphil said:

Very well done!

Thank you!  

On 5/27/2017 at 4:53 AM, BruceGibson said:

Thank you!  I'm not a fan of too many decorative cuts, but that's just my quirk.  I do use them, but when I do it's minimal--some would say I don't use enough.  I think it's all a matter of personal taste.  One thing I learned was not to get too tangled up in "rules."  Paddle your own canoe! ;)

I agree. I personally like decorative cuts. But that's not to say that you can't leave em out or alternatively have to much. To each their own. And I probably wouldn't have noticed you don't have any except by the comments. Your holster is very clean and the color is so gorgeous. I envy everything about it. 

My question, how much larger is the back panel than the front panel? Usually it's the front panel that's bigger but because of the tooling (and throwing rules out the window hehe) the back is larger... correct? So how do you determine how much larger to make the back panel?

On 6/6/2017 at 5:50 PM, Stetson912 said:

I agree. I personally like decorative cuts. But that's not to say that you can't leave em out or alternatively have to much. To each their own. And I probably wouldn't have noticed you don't have any except by the comments. Your holster is very clean and the color is so gorgeous. I envy everything about it. 

My question, how much larger is the back panel than the front panel? Usually it's the front panel that's bigger but because of the tooling (and throwing rules out the window hehe) the back is larger... correct? So how do you determine how much larger to make the back panel?

Hey!  Sorry for the slow response--I just saw this.  

I cut the face panel and the back panel exactly the same size.  If I'm going to be stamping or carving on the face, I'll tape the backside (flesh side) of the face panel to minimize/eliminate any stretching.  It works for me, but I always recommend experimenting to see what works best for you.  I'm no expert--not by a long shot!  These are just my ways, and what works for me.

The same size? That's interesting. But when I think about it it does make sense. Thanks for the reply.

On 6/8/2017 at 9:33 AM, Stetson912 said:

The same size? That's interesting. But when I think about it it does make sense. Thanks for the reply.

Anytime!