Fresh off the bench is this hand carved photo album. It has been hand carved and tooled in the Sheridan Style floral design. The background has been dyed chocolate brown and has a mahogany antique finish. Additionally, the 3-ring spine has been attached using cross conchos.

IMG_0421fb.JPG

I really like the carving - beautifully executed and in my opinion just the right amount.

Awesome!  I can't imagine trying to dye all those spaces without getting a bit in the wrong spot.  well done!  Can we see the inside?

YinTx

Beautiful! I really like the carving in the middle. 

17 hours ago, garypl said:

I really like the carving - beautifully executed and in my opinion just the right amount.

Thank you! I was originally thinking of doing the letter B inverted and dyeing it. I like the "less is more" look on this. 

13 hours ago, Valarie said:

Beautiful! I really like the carving in the middle. 

Thank you! 

15 hours ago, Clintock said:

Looks really nice!! 

Thank you!

16 hours ago, YinTx said:

Awesome!  I can't imagine trying to dye all those spaces without getting a bit in the wrong spot.  well done!  Can we see the inside?

YinTx

Thank you! It was definitely time consuming and required a good bit of concentration. I didn't even bother taking a picture of the inside. Not much to it, just a solid piece of lining. Don't recommend using pig skin lining as it's really soft and rolls and wrinkles under an edge beveler.

Hey Mr Ingle, I know this is an old Post, but I was wondering if you could tell me where you got the 3 ring mechanism for this and about what size it was? My sister is getting married and I thought this would be a good gift. Thanks!

32 minutes ago, Stetson912 said:

Hey Mr Ingle, I know this is an old Post, but I was wondering if you could tell me where you got the 3 ring mechanism for this and about what size it was? My sister is getting married and I thought this would be a good gift. Thanks!

I have found places that sell quantity lots, so instead, went and bought a binder with the size of rings I wanted and took them out and trashed the cheap cover.

Tom

That's not a bad idea either haha