This has been in progress for about 18 months; well...I had the kit just didn't do anything to it until last week.  It's for my oldest, she picked it out and asked me to do it for her.  I hated the tooling pattern that came with it so I made my own.  I finished the tooling yesterday, it was a beautiful day but I spent it inside so I could get it done.  I hope to complete the finish and assemble it this week (we'll see, I'm a scout leader and have a ton of work to get done).

Alex Purse.jpg

Looks good.

Nice work! The floral style isn't my thing, but that's a pretty good job there. 

Well progress has been extremely slooooowwwwwwww.  For a current empty nester my schedule is amazingly and irritatingly full.  Hopefully I can finish this before my daughter turns 25 (she's 21 now).

20170612_170539.jpg

Nice job. I particularly like your decorative cuts. That is something I really struggle with.

2 hours ago, Sofaspud said:

Nice job. I particularly like your decorative cuts. That is something I really struggle with.

To be honest, I did to for a long time.  I just watched a bunch of youtube videos, got myself a quality swivel knife and practiced, practiced practiced.  I also stopped thinking too much before I made the cuts and more importantly, slowed down and tried not to rush them.

I finally finished the project.  Did it over the weekend at Scout Camp.  Gave it to her Sunday and she loves it.20170701_170653_001.thumb.jpg.065908375c35d63de38608a06da8e917.jpg20170701_170725.thumb.jpg.ffff56cde6fe859857b4c5a189bf0b12.jpg

And I love it too! (70's TV reference. Thought I can't remember where). She could be proud to own it and you to have made it.

very nice. I like the color choices