Is it possible to sew mil-spec nylon webbing to 10-12oz english bridle leather by hand? If so how do I go about it and what needles and thread would be best?

I'm also looking into sewing machines, is a Cobra 4 too much for what I'm trying to do?

Can't say about a sewing machine, others will know

Should be no problem sewing by hand. Prepunch the leather, attach the webbing with double-sided tape or contact glue - just to hold in place, use a 1mm thread and an appropiate sized sharp glovers needle. If you are sewing near the edge of the webbing - eg say the end of a strap, I'd double over the end [or edge] so you are sewing thu two thicknesses

My Consew 206 will sew that combo without any trouble. I think what you really want to ask yourself is what size thread do you need/want/ While my consew will sew webbing onto 10-12 ounce leather without much trouble, it can only sew with #138 thread, which I consider kinda small for heavy duty applications. Do you need a cylinder arm, or will a flat bed do? Also, will you be limited by throat space? A lot folks need that extra space between the needle and arm to make turns or manipulate bigger items. Are you just sewing straps? or making bags? etc...

I believe, Cowboy, Cobra and techsew all make a smaller version of the 441 (Cowboy 3200) that will sew 1/2" thick with heavy thread for about $1000 less than their full size 441 clones.