Dun

Proper Nail Care for Leatherworkers?

Not something I've ever really considered before. Partially from just having bad habits (will mention that below cause some people find it extremely revolting) but what do you like to do? Do I just treat them edge work and file/sand in the same direction that you cut? What about some gum trag?(joking)

*Feel free to skip this over explaining*

All I've done my whole life is shampoo my hair well and it gets all the dirt out from under my fingernails without extra effort. I have very soft pliable finger nails so I would just peel the edges down shorter when they got to a certain length using my other nails. No clippers were ever involved. Because of this I have never actually learned what I'm supposed to be doing to appear like a normal human.

Bite'em. I have never had any issues with fingernails and leather.

Yup, a bit of a nibble, and for the ones a bit on the tough side, the old leather shears work a treat.   Long nails (IMHO) just lead to marks on the leather.  As a previously life long compulsive nail nibbler, I haven't quite got the hang of these talon thingies yet.

As to cleaning, who knew working with leather could produce so much gunge.   I agree with the concept of the hair washing technique, it reaches the parts that some nail brushes can't reach.

Can I also just recommend superglue on the nails for that everlasting gloss look.   Not that I deliberately paint them, but the glue always seems to get on them, and the effect is 'interesting'.

I also refute ever having been a normal shuman been, so probibly the wrong type of sentient being to ask about this.