LederRudi

Orientalizing quiver

Recently I started to play with a horsebow and made an "orientalizing" hip quiver. The arabic writing boasts that my arrows are "faster than lightning".

It's a prototype that will be tested tomorrow. In the future I'd replace the chicago screws by stitching.

Critique, comments and advice as always most welcome.

quiver01.jpg

quiver02.jpg

That is really nice work!

Very nice.  How broad are the tips?  With the angle of the arrows, it seems that the bottom right corner is just unfilled space.  You might be able to save some $$ with a slight redesign.  Or is the shape traditional?  I like it though.

Really nice work! Depending on the arrow heads, if you do stitch, you might need a welt.  If they're just target heads, then probably not as much of an issue. Love the "faster than lightning" boast :)

Thank you all for the nice comments!

I think I'll return to the characteristic double-humped design with two dees and two cords or narrow leather straps for attachment. Compartments for single arrows didn't prove to be as practical as I'd thought. Surfing the worldwide web for asian quivers I realized that at least some of them  were stuffed with folded soft cloth that - so I imagine - holds the arrows securely in place, prevents them from rattling and releases them readily.

Great job.

Thank you Gentlemen!