Got a nice set of Cuda brand pliers, diagonal cutters, and braid cutter as a gift from my wife for fishing. Decided to make a nice sheath for the set, and I got way too into the project. First time with this type of project, had a great time and didn't encounter many obstacles during the build. I prefer a belt clip to the more traditional loop style. I also used a tri-weave stamp along with a few other basic stamps to decorate. All stainless hardware. Let me know what you think. Thanks

FullSizeRender 3.jpg

FullSizeRender 2.jpg

FullSizeRender 6.jpg

FullSizeRender 4.jpg

FullSizeRender 5.jpg

Really nice work, I like the design of the front, curved pocket. 

I really like that

Thanks for the kind words, I can't wait to get out on the water and see how it holds up to the elements. 

Looks great.  Neat and tidy & it looks like a good design.  

What did you use for a finish?

Love the idea and the leather work.  Couple of practical points.  Is there any risk of those falling out when you bend down, for instance leaning over the side of a boat to lift a fish? If so, straps with snaps would fit well with the design you've created.  Second, if it were me, I'd put the micro scissors on a zinger/retractor.    

On 6/13/2017 at 0:42 PM, Basically Bob said:

Looks great.  Neat and tidy & it looks like a good design.  

What did you use for a finish?

Eco flow water stain and satin sheen finish. Followed that up with a heat applied coat of snoproof weather guard

On 6/15/2017 at 7:30 AM, Jamespio said:

Love the idea and the leather work.  Couple of practical points.  Is there any risk of those falling out when you bend down, for instance leaning over the side of a boat to lift a fish? If so, straps with snaps would fit well with the design you've created.  Second, if it were me, I'd put the micro scissors on a zinger/retractor.    

I was also worried about the pliers falling out as I move around. Used the pouch twice on the water so far and have not had a problem. I have made two addition bags since and I slimmed up the design, and made the pocket a bit deeper to help provide more of a friction fit. 

I also was thinking about a retractor, but all of them that I have used so far don't last in the salt water. When I finds heavy duty model I will probably switch it out.

thanks for the feedback

On 6/13/2017 at 7:39 AM, ZATARA said:

Thanks for the kind words, I can't wait to get out on the water and see how it holds up to the elements. 

Water? Indio?

The Salton Sea then?

(seriously...thats a beautifully crafted piece you made)

13 minutes ago, Gogogordy said:

Water? Indio?

The Salton Sea then?

(seriously...thats a beautifully crafted piece you made)

Yea kind of a bad place to live for a fisherman. I do most of my fishing out of Long Beach. About a 2.5 hour drive each way if I plan correctly and beat the traffic!

North East Scuba Supply (online, with physical shop in Norristown, Philly) might have some decent retractors used for dive gear that'll stand up to the salt water. They also stock a great range of assorted stainless steel hardware at very reasonable prices.