A little tooling, a little airbrush and a little braiding.  Lined for your comfort!

cuff.jpg

Nice!

It looks great, Mike.  The braiding is excellent and I especially like the colouring and stamping.  Really cool how the texturing fades out randomly.

thanks for sharing!

Very nice. Love that symbol, is it Pictish?

Spud, its supposed to represent the crossroads, but I don't know its origins.  Customer wanted it so thats what they got.  Could be a voodoo symbol for all I know :P

Very nice work. 

I like everything about it. Very nice work!

Thanks, everyone.  Not too difficult, but fun to build.  The customer had one idea and we developed that idea into this.

On 2017-06-17 at 11:43 AM, immiketoo said:

Spud, its supposed to represent the crossroads, but I don't know its origins.  Customer wanted it so thats what they got.  Could be a voodoo symbol for all I know :P

As a matter of fact... it IS a voodoo symbol

Reminds me of photos I've seen of Pictish stone carvings. Cool the some images seem to cross cultural lines. Mostly though, I am very impressed by the quality of your work. Very nice.

@immiketoo If you would please. Explain how you achieved the crispness of the crossroad symbol, color wise, did you actually paint the darker color in those fine lines? Also the texture (dots) that fade away from the center of the band.   

Thank you Sir

34 minutes ago, bullmoosepaddles said:

@immiketoo If you would please. Explain how you achieved the crispness of the crossroad symbol, color wise, did you actually paint the darker color in those fine lines? Also the texture (dots) that fade away from the center of the band.   

Thank you Sir

Mr. Moosepaddles, I purchased a custom stamp for that center piece and I used antique for the dark color on both the stamp and the dots.

@immiketoo Of all the things I have been called. That is the first time I have been called that. Laughing so hard my wife is looking at me strange.  

But know, the paddles are big. A moose is a hard beast to paddle. 

5 hours ago, bullmoosepaddles said:

@immiketoo Of all the things I have been called. That is the first time I have been called that. Laughing so hard my wife is looking at me strange.  

But know, the paddles are big. A moose is a hard beast to paddle. 

Mission accomplished! :P