T Moore Medicine Hat Saddlery

Easy stitch length adjustment

I wonder how that is possible. Do you have a picture?

Sandy. 

Sandy thanks for posting the extra pics, it's interesting to see the old heaters as very few have survived. Mine used to have a paraffin shuttle heater but little remarks other than the shadows where it once sat and the old water box. Is the serial number of yours quite high? From the paint I would guess it's a relatively late one. Any clue as to whether the heaters have any sort of control like a thermostat? I can't see any!

You said in an earlier post the  knob spins and no change to stitch length.  Could it be that the bolt in the dial wheel has broken loose over the years and needs to be brazed.  It could also be a weak stitch lever spring.  Ensure that the movement of the stitch lever is smooth with no hang-ups.  Adjusting should be easy on scrap leather disregard the stitch dial and sew 6spm when satisfied turn the dial to 6 then adjust the back bolt stop to meet the dial bolt and you got her done.  My 6 like Leathersmyths sews at the dial setting.   Beautiful Ole Machine

Good luck  Leo