suhajko

Leather splitting machine in the EU

Hey guys :)

Im kinda stuck here.. I am looking for a manual leather splitting machine, something where you can split leather without pulling it with force. It does not have to be too wide, 2-4 inch would be just enough for my needs. 

An electrical splitter would be OK too, my only condition is that it should be easily transportable..

I appreciate the input :)

J.

Sieck sells the Cowboy 6" splitter, in crank and motor versions.

hey guys.. one more question about these machines.. how important are the rubber coated rolls? My current splitter doesnt have the coating and never had any issues with any marks on the leather. 

1 hour ago, suhajko said:

hey guys.. one more question about these machines.. how important are the rubber coated rolls? My current splitter doesnt have the coating and never had any issues with any marks on the leather. 

I am curious as to what you mean by rubber coated rolls. I have 3 different softness rolls that came with my Comoga splitter but they are only for matrix type splitting and the steel roller is what gets used for mostly everything including glazed crocodile. I have made rubber rollers up for doing veg tanned hornback crocodile straps to stop impression marks into the leather but other than that I've never came across any need for. Pic of below. Regards Brian

2.JPG