leathertoolz

Amazing Quality tools from FENG TOOL, CHINA

Hello Guys, This Jun from youtube channel "LEATHERTOOLZ" (youtube.com/leathertoolz)

Recently, I've picked up some really nice tools from FENG TOOLS

he is a new maker and I think he is very talented.

I just wanted to share with you guys how "made in China" tool has changed.

check out these two videos

Thanks Jun, Mr. Feng's tools look beautiful. Chinese products sometimes have a bad reputation in the US but that reputation was often thanks, at least in-part, to some Westerner saying "cheaper, cheaper". There is no doubt in my mind that Chinese are capable of making excellent tools, the challenge will be finding customers willing to pay the price for good quality.

Compared to sewing machines that are often thousands of dollars, a few hundred dollars for several hand tools is a small investment for a craftsperson who  wants to develop their skills and enjoy using good tools.

I really applaud Mr. Feng's apparent determination to make excellent tools and thank you for bringing them to our attention.

Gary

On 2017. 7. 6. at 2:03 PM, GPaudler said:

Thanks Jun, Mr. Feng's tools look beautiful. Chinese products sometimes have a bad reputation in the US but that reputation was often thanks, at least in-part, to some Westerner saying "cheaper, cheaper". There is no doubt in my mind that Chinese are capable of making excellent tools, the challenge will be finding customers willing to pay the price for good quality.

Compared to sewing machines that are often thousands of dollars, a few hundred dollars for several hand tools is a small investment for a craftsperson who  wants to develop their skills and enjoy using good tools.

I really applaud Mr. Feng's apparent determination to make excellent tools and thank you for bringing them to our attention.

Gary

I just saw this comment now. Sorry for the late reply.

Thank you for the kind words. I appreciate your comment.

Yes, I think China now makes low-end to high ends stuff. 

if you paid them good, they can make you anything! lol!

I was very surprised to see them in this quality. very nice tools indeed.