Some "hero" shots of recent holsters for Sig Sauer P238 and a p239's. There are utility/functional holsters, so there's nothing fancy.

Sig Sauer - P238 - front-1.JPG

Sig-P239-Forward-Cant.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

zzz P239 - IMG_5727.JPG

Nice stuff! Sheepdog likes!

Nice clean workmanship there.

I'm curious: Why set the left-hand slot at such an angle?

Nice work (and great photos), Gary. Stitch lines follow the contour of the weapon really well. It appears, from the slide side, that these are molded to the front, making for a flatter backside...is that correct? I, too, share Malabar's curiosity regarding the angle of the last holster's LH belt slot.

Malabar, I assume you're talking about the bottom two pictures?  This gun and holster configuration rides a bit higher than if it had a forward cant (it rides a bit top heavy even with a forward cant, just not as much), and I discovered by accident that if one or both slots were at an angle, it helps overcome the top-heaviness and keeps it vertical MUCH better than completely vertical slots did.  Someone explained to me once the physics of why this works better at keeping it vertical, but I don't remember enough to even try an explanation here. I do have holsters with both vertical slots, but the center of gravity is lower on those and they're not as top heavy like this Sig.

Double Daddy - I went through probably 15 prototypes to get the contour stitching perfect. Functionally it didn't have to be perfect, but I wanted it perfect. I look at other holsters on Ebay and Etsy with contour stitching that's not even close, and I get a great deal of satisfaction at how close mine is. Most of the molding is on the front, but the back is not completely flat. I try to get as much surface contact, for good retention, as possible.  Since i took these pictures, I modified the pattern so the trigger guard was covered more.

back - IMG_5684.JPG

these are the man equivalent of the simple black dress... everyone should have one!

Interesting about the angled belt slot.

Well done and thanks for the photos and info.

Nice work!!! Very simple and well executed 

Very well explained. Me likey!!!

Gary, thanks for taking the time to, not only explain, but also take another great photo. Once again...excellent workmanship!