Reindeer

Real quick question about a stencil

Does anybody have this stencil or something similar to it?

The letters are very small.

So I'm just thinking, are you supposed to press these into the leather and then do nothing else, and the words will just stay there even though they're shallow? Even after dying and finishing?

They are way too small to cut with a swivel knife. It would make it just look like a mess if I tried. So it just seems like maybe you just press them into the leather and you're done. Correct me if I'm wrong.

IMG_20170701_185544.jpg

If it is a Tandy Craftaid then yes.  Although I think working with that would be a bear.  I could see myself making undesirable markings in the leather from the adjacent letters.

My thought is that after you use the craftaid, you go back over the letters with a stylus, modeling spoon or some other hand embossing tool.

if it was mine I would cut it up and tape the words together first and emboss them with a modeling spoon and call it done

Looks like the letters are about 1/8 size? If so you might want to invest into the Tandy's 1/8 letter stamping set as it's less expensive then OTB (Ohio Travel Bag) set (I beleive could be made by Osborne) and others.

Food for thought. ;)

Edited by CenricVig